Fishing Line - Need Some Help

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by shield64k, May 31, 2006.

1. shield64k

shield64k New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Im using a Ugly stick 5 '10 with a Garcia 302. I have the cajun red 17lb on there now but that stuff just coils like a slinky.

I do bass and catfish, any ideas?

-Bill

2. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    Bill,I had the same problem with 30#.Just cast it a few times and it should be OK.I now use cajun on 3 of my cat rods,its good line,just needs breakin in.

3. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    Use braid,or re-spool with a higher quality mono.The cheap mono's tend to coil up alot faster than the premium mono's.

4. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If you go with the braid, I would suggest Power Pro 40# test. It's the same diameter of 10# test mono with no memory or stretch.

I haven't really found any mono that doesn't have too much memory for me. I tend to fish in spurts though, and going several weeks without fishing will coil any mono.

5. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    When spooling your line on make sure the spool is level and put on with a medium resistance not too tight. I also let the line run through my hand which has a wet towel for the line to go through. coils can also be cause by the rig your using like a rig that is spinning some how would do much better with a quality swivel.