Fishing lights in Clarksville

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Dallison, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I saw online that there are fishing lights at the Clarksville bridge that are for night fishing. Is there a place there for night bank fishing or are these lights to help people in boats fish. I'd hate to drive down there an have no place to fish. As I recall the bridge is very high so I don't think fishing off the bridge would work. I may be wrong its been years since I've been there. Any info would be great.thanksdavid

2. DanMan

DanMan New Member

State:
    VA
    Sorry not really any bank fishing there. And IMHO the fishing has not been that great around them but people are always there. At times there are boats on just about every piling. Makes it very hard to go through there at night. I'm sure before it's over with there will be a accident there.

3. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks for the great info, Russell. I also like the boat.

Welcome to the BOC! :0a25:

4. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    i would try the staunton river state park... you need to carry your own lantern but you can fish below the boat ramp on the dan side. not sure if you can have an open fire at this time so better check. i have seen a lot of folks fishing there. good luck

5. jrock2434

jrock2434 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    i have to agree with rat on this one. the statepark would be your best bet for bank fishing buggs. and its common for fish over 30 to come from the bank below the ramp