Fishing license

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Phil Washburn, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    just got my 06 license at wallyworld:crying: ..25 bucks:crying: ...man i could just kick myself for not getting a lifetime 20 or 30 years ago:conc-big: :cry-big: :sick-big:

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Phil in the spirit that the BOC engenders I am willing to help in any way I can with the KICKING part.I am flexible and can help kick any body part you designate with either foot.I'm sure Lilyjoe would be willing to help also.I don't know what you are complaining about,because I have to buy licenses in 3 states, one resident and the other 2 non-resident and keep them on me at all times and JUST hope I hand the game wardens the right one.Oh well I look at the money as being invested in fish and wildlife managemnt.Beats spending it on whiskey or women, I think.!!!!:)

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i appreciate the kind:blink: offer of help, jim,:0a14: but i managed just fine:)

4. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    LMAO...anything to help a buddy out!

5. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    When your foot gets tired, let me know, Jim.:)

Seriously, Phil, great post! I wanted to go out yesterday morning, and didn't even think about needing a new licence. This post, in fact, reminded me of that. I think this year, I might get a PA licence as well, since I am up there pretty often.

Thanks for the reminder Phil!

6. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    You know it makes a person feel good about being a part of this great community. Everyone is always doing their best to help each other out in anything that may come up. I'm proud to say these two show the true meaning of being a BOC member with their selfless offers of help. Thanks guys, it's really nice to see such generous offers of help like this. ;)

7. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    why am i not more endeared to the BOC after these selfless offers by the community?:conc-big:

i guess i am just a cad:0a10:

8. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Phil, I know you would return the favor if I needed the "help".:p :rolleyes: ;)

9. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    almost 50 bucks here for fishing license

10. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    In PA the license is 22 bucks for the basic license. In addition to that, I usually pay an extra 15 bucks for the trout/salmon stamp and the Lake Erie stamp for a grand total of 37 bucks. And you can't get a lifetime license till you are 65 years old.

11. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Jason, are you kidding?:confused: Sorry, but what a racket! A life time licence, at 65? Now, don't get me wrong, I know there are plenty of folks fishing and getting around with no problem whatsoever in their senior years, but at that age, they should be getting to fish for free, not shelling out hundreds of bucks for a lifetime licence that MIGHT only last them a short period of time.:sad:

Sorry I ranted, but that is ludicris! Isn't a lifetime licence around $500?

12. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Here in cali these are the prices for life time fishing licenses

SPORT FISHING (For persons 9 years or younger) .......................... $389.25
    SPORT FISHING (For persons 10 to 39 years) .................................$639.75
    SPORT FISHING (For persons 40 to 61 years) .................................$575.75
    SPORT FISHING (For persons 62 year or older) ...............................$389.25

13. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    i also forgot to add that dont includ any enhancments either

14. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Yeah I do think that its ridiculius that you can't buy a lifetime license till you are 65 in PA. And as far as the extra stamps, who knows if thats necessary or not. Being that they stock so many trout every year is one reason why the costs keep going up. Sorry, not a big trout fan but I will go for steelhead up in Erie on occasion.

15. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Tennessee is rediculous to me. Though this includes all hunting and fishing licenses. Right now fishing/hunting is 28.00, big game archery is 28.00, muzzleloader is 28.00 and gun is 28.00. Add a trout stame and it's another 18.00 and waterfowl is 31.00.

Under 3 years of age - $200.00

3 years of age but less than 7 years of age - $540.00

7 years of age but less than 13 years of age - $810.00

13 years of age but less than 51 years of age - $1,620.00

51 years of age but less than 65 years of age - $945.00

65 years of age or older - $270.00

16. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    i cant answer for other states but them prices i feel should incluse the enhacment stamps but hey ts cali. trout is my favorite fish to go for and love salmon fishing. guess i like fishing no matter what it is for. even a crappie makes me smile.

17. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    About the only people I know that buy the lifetime are ones moving out of state.One guy I know comes back to deer hunt every year for the last 6 years.He has almost paid for the lifetime in money he saved by not getting a out of state license.
    Last year MDC shared info with some border states-60 or so people were caught claiming residence in 2 and even 3 states.

18. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Come on Phil, a man like you with all the money you make a lifetime fishing license is just pocket change. :p