Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

fishing license reminder...

1K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Trahviiz 
#1 ·
just figured id remind some of the last minute guys in here indiana fishing licenses expire at midnight 3/31.. i reminded myself to renew about 8 times in the last 2 weeks.. finally got around to it today:smile2::smile2:

still cost $17:confused2:

youd think for that kinda price we could get cleaner waters, and some more patrolling of our waters..we could definately use some more enforcement..

i wont get everyone started on that though:smile2:

Get that new license now if you havent already!

$17 is still ALOT cheaper than a ticket, and loosing all your gear!

#2 ·
When I was talking to the DNR today he said the license is still good until tomorrow is over.

He let my uncle by for having his license for 09, just wrote him a warning. And let my cousin by after calling in to confirm that he has his license, but lost it. The DNR that patrols the river around here is really nice.

#5 ·
Thanks man...I feel like I run into DNR at least 3 times a year here in Lafayette when I'm fishing, usually at least once at Fairfield Lakes and another several times when I'm fishing the 'Bash. I would definitely like to see cleaner water though. Tippecanoe Co has some nasty waterways.

#9 ·
Jay is right! We have a good overall price compared to most other states. I wouldnt mind paying more if it would contribute to cleaner water and maybe even some lighting on boat ramps like the car top launch sites. I fish a lot of these areas and I am always afraid that some one will vandalize my truck while im out on the river. Any thoughts BOC brothers?

#10 ·
good to know, thanks for posting that.

i had another license kind of problem today. went to cash a check from a client and the cashier says my drivers license expired in December 08. so you know were i spent a part of my afternoon. lol the new licenses looks pretty cool.

#14 ·
Man talk about seeing DNR officers I sometimes fish the white river here in Muncie, and It never fails, every time I go I get checked, I don't know how many times, there's no fish but their is plenty of officers.:dribble:

#15 ·
$17:crazy:, that's it?

In PA a license cost $33:eek:oooh: with a trout stamp.

Them Indiana Game Wardens are alot more lenient and nicer than these PA dudes.:confused2
Yeah, us Indiana guys shouldn't complain about license prices! We have it good. Heck even $33 isn't bad if you stop & think about all the entertainment value you get out of that! Heck, you can barely go to the moves with your wife for that anymore if you get snacks with the movie!

#16 ·
muncie must be different from everywhere else! in the last 3 years, including fishing dale hollow every memorial weekend, ive been checked 1 time.... id actually like to see em out more often.. hopefully theyd catch the ones that need to be caught!

#17 ·
Last year I was actually really happy to see the DNR start coming around on the river. I got checked countless times, as did the others around me, and probably 8 out of 10 times the others didn't have their license and were ticketed and sent home. I could be totally wrong but I feel as if the fishermen that actually have their license are more respectful of the water and people around them. It looks like the city is finally making a better effort for the care of our waterways.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.