Fishing License Needed

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by MRR, Apr 30, 2006.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Since Mo.il. And Ia Have All Come To Agreement On This 2 Rod Limit Do You Have To Have Non Resident Lic To Fish Banks Of Missp ? Or Can I Go Over To Il. And Fish Off Of Bank With My Resident Lic. Just Wondering How The Law Reads Now.

2. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    John, I dont know nothing for sure, but I'm bet my left shoe that if you fish on Illinois land, you need an Illinois fishing licence or if I fish in your state, I'll needs its licence. Them states aren't going to give away any money:smile2:

3. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
  4. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Read the book, it will definately tell you. Oh by the way it's a 75.00 fine for each offense in Illinois.

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Acording to MDC regulations,see below for link, you ARE able to fish the Mississippi River, from the bank, on either side of the river. This was a no brainer for them to come up with that aggreement. There a parts of the state of IL on the west side of the river and parts of MO on the east side of the river. Most folks think the river is the boundry, but that is not entirely the case. Below Alton Dam is one example. Both sides of the river are in IL.

www.mdc.missouri.gov/documents/regs/fishsum.pdf

6. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I'm sure its quite like The agreement that Kansas and Missouri have for the portion of the Missouri River THat is the boundry between the states. You are allowed to fish the River with either states licence as long as your in the "boundry waters"

7. mspratt

mspratt New Member

State:
    missouri
    Say I had a missouri license and I tied up to the kansas side to fish.I think u have to abide by the kansas regs. Say kansas had a two pole limit,and mo has a three pole limit.:crazy: And viseverses a kansan on the mo side..ur humble servant beartrap and buoy

8. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    The rules of your state apply as long as your anchored 10 feet off of the bank of the other state.