Fishing License 2009

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by CatMan(Cali), Nov 19, 2008.

1. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Here is a link through the DFG for the new prices on fishing licenses and stamps. Thought some of us may find it useful being that we are all fisherman and have to pay these outrageous prices. I don't mind paying, but they are getting pricier. Here it is. Check out the lifetime fishing licenses, they pay themselves off after about 18 years.:smile2: I'll stick to my annual license fees thank you.
    http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/fishing/fishdescrip.html

Sean!

2. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    arizona price for license
    resident license - 23.50 covers all but trout.
    two pole stamp - 6.00
    colorado river stamp -3.00
    trout stamp - 15.75
    total for me, 32.50. i don't fish trout.
    notice difference?
    wonder why difference? LOL
    gary

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    wow ours here is 13.50
    and trout stamp 6.50.

iam disabled so if i trout fish it only costs me 6.50 a year.

4. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    The cost of everything is going up, especially if you're unemployed!:angry:

5. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    that is CA way of helping the economy,,,we need to finance a fishing liscense:eek:oooh:

6. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    paid $1.99 gal here Bulldog

7. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    Scott, you fish corona lake. just looked up and it's 9-22 bucks a day. hmm? not quite sure how long you can fish for 9.00 though. but you fish often, so add it up. think your paying more a yr than a state license. just slightly. :wink: just to fish for them planted, record stocked fish?
    (giving hard time now) :smile2:
    but cost is lot more than state license isn't it?
    gary

8. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    This year b the time I get my license and all the required stamps to fish where I like and for what I like to fish for my license will be just a couple of bucks under $80.00.
    More fleecing of the sportsman.
    I tell you those in government have absolutely no sense of shame.

9. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    My calculations put me @ 57.80. That is just my yearly, ocean enhance stamp and two rod stamp. The prices are going up and we are getting less services from the Fish and Shame Deparment.

Jaime

10. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Jaime, what if you go to the Delta or The river?
    Ever hoop net for lobsters? I've got 6 hoop nets with bait boxes.
    As long as I don't fish for salmon I can get by for $75.50.
    You just gonna fish local next year?

11. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Your right Tom, and I do plan on going to the Colorado River next Year.

Jaime

12. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Definitely can't complain about the gas. I filled up @ $1.97 per gallon last night. But one thing goes down something else has to go up. California does suck when it comes to the outdoors. They make everything so expensive for us out here compared to everywhere else. We are paying double maybe even triple what some people pay in other states. I guess you gotta pay the cost to live in the Golden State.

Sean!

13. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I seen gas at 1.49 in independence missouri today

14. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Food prices is off the roof. Brought a pack of steaks the other day for 30 something dollars at Ralphs. Could have had 3 steak dinners at Sizzler for that price almost.

15. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    That is rediculous. I know I will get the stamps I always get, salt, two rod, and river stamp. May even get a delta one as well since I plan to make way there.

16. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    OK NOW - Lets See: :0a14:

I live in California, and I love to fish, and I want to do it and not have to look over my shoulder to watch out for the game warden - so that's:
    $40.20

and my home fishing waters is the California Delta -so that's another:
    $6.30

I love to Catfish & I love fishing with lures for Bass, and to do that it will be another:
    $12.85

and I know that I'm going back down to Dale's place to fish the Colorado River for some Flatheads - so that's another:
    $3.00

:0a14: So Lets see now:
    Ca. License - $40.20
    Delta Stamp - $6.30
    Second Rod Stamp - $12.85
    &
    Colorado River Stamp - $3.00

So that will be "$62.35" for my 2009 License.
    :crazy:

What else can I say fellows but:
    Living in California -Got to love it. (LoL)

Ok - I'm going fishing now gang to get as much out of the 2008 License that I can.

17. dhines

dhines New Member

State:
    LA / Calexico
    made sure i got it in at 2008 prices. for years i have been saying, "i am gonna do this", yet i never did. seeing that i am 37, i still think it is worth it (especially considering that i fish 3 days a week), i just wish i would have done it years ago when it was so much cheaper. i was looking at the lifetime licence pricing charts and i am going to buy them for each of my kids before they hit their 10th b-day, that way this will be a non-issue for them too.

just to breakdown the lifetime price (2008), it is as follows:

lifetime sportfishing (age 10 to 39) . . . . . . . 710.75
    lifetime additional fishing . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 290.50

the 'additional fishing' currently includes everything except the $3 colorado river fishing stamp.

pre - 9 years the license is as follows:

lifetime sportfishing (age 9 and younger) . . . 432.50
    lifetime additional fishing . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 290.50

seeing how prices are only going to go up, anyone that plans on staying in the state of CA and fishing every year, (depending on your age) the lifetime license is a no brainer.

18. dhines

dhines New Member

State:
    LA / Calexico

btw, if you factor in the increases that will occur between now and the next 20 years or so, then adjust against inflation, i am betting the payback period is closer to 12 - 13 years. honestly, part of me just got this so i can no longer worry about acquiring the pass, thinking about the increases, etc. obviously the biggest reason was the pending fee increases over the next 2 - 3 years.

i don't even want to think about what a 2010 fishing pass will be. my be, no less than $60 (w/o any stamps)

19. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I agree that if you do plan to stay in Ca than the lifetime license is a good buy if you can afford it. It was even a better buy years ago. The problem is at this time people actually forking out the dollars for that. I can assume with todays economic times less people are getting those lifetime licenses and is using that for other things like property taxes, etc. But with the fees increasing yearly like it is, it will be very soon that the license fee will reach $100 for the year. I hate to see the day.

20. kattysharks

kattysharks New Member

State:
    California
    Whats up guys? Hey you can use your fishing license as a tax write-off so I hope this helps brothers.