Fishing Lay Lake tonight

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by dcaruthers, Jun 30, 2006.

1. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    My brothers and I are going to Lay Lake, Al tonight searching for monsters. I'll post the pics tomorrow...we rarely get skunked. You all wish us luck.

2. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    hey good luck hope you all do well tonight and hope to see some pics of some hawgs

3. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Autographs after the show...lol

4. Good Luck. There's some nice ones in Lay. The wife's uncle fishes out of Beeswax and pulls in some nice ones.
    I hate Lay. Every time I've been there I felt like I was in the infield at Talladega. Idiots running all over the place. Now admittedly it was during the summer and during the day. It may be a totally different place at night.
    Lot's of timber so I'd be careful at night also the lake is slap full of abandoned trotlines. I hate that, and I'm a trotliner! My last trip there I couldn't fish for all the assfishermen in their hotrods shoving the boat into the timber. I won't be back. I'd rather fish Valley creek in downtown Bessemer than Lay.

5. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    Can't wait to hear you're results David.

6. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Well we got six in the boat. My wife had the largest at 12 lbs. Sorry about not having any pics. The pictures are all a little over the posting size limit. Anyone know of an easy way to reduce the size?