fishing lakes

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by spacecase875, Jun 26, 2008.

1. spacecase875

spacecase875 New Member

State:
    illinois
    do the same baits used in rivers apply to lakes or are there different applications and what is the best rigging for lakes

2. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    welcome to the BOC eric.yea you can use the same baits but i would say your best bet would be to use what is native in the waters you fish. if where your fishing has lots of shad then you would probably have pretty good luck with using shad. or if its got bluegill then you can use bluegill etc.

3. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Welcome to the BOC.

4. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Welcome to the BOC.. Use whatever is easy to get.. You won't need as much weight.. Fish riprap and points and channel edges..

5. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    A big welcom to the BOC Eric. I agree with Adam1886. But I will add that in my opinon shad is hard to beat in rivers or lakes. Shad are in both and cats feed on them a lot. This would be for blues and channels for the most part. As far as flatheads go I havent really targeted them over the years. So I am sure someone will come in and have info on flats. Hope this helps.

Tom

6. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Welcome to the B.O.C..I find that aside from shad and your regular bait,shrimp and stink bait work well in lakes around here.Shrimp catch some fair sized ones,dip bait gets smaller,2-5 pounders.I did say in lakes,they don't work as well in rivers.