Fishing Lake Wylie

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Ragewolf, May 2, 2006.

1. Ragewolf

Ragewolf New Member

State:
    south Carolina
    im going fishing sat and sun at McDowell park i wanted to know if any one had good ideas for bait and a local bait shop

2. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Dick Pendleton Bait and Tackle ,on Hi.49 at 5 point on the right just past intersection, little white bulding. You can catch shad around buster boyd bridge, and on the rock banks around the bridge.....hope this helps....steve

3. ToonCat

ToonCat New Member

State:
    Tega Cay SC
    Welcome to the BOC. I'd suggest catching some bream at McDowell, then using it for cut bait. Good Luck!

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Welcome, Mark! Good to see another SC brother :big_smile:

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Welcome to the board Mark.

I usually buy my bait around Gaffney before I go. Come to think of it I don't know where to buy bait at Wylie but I should find somewhere that I can.

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    WELCOME!!

Tooncat is right. Catch you some bream there in the park if you want to hook into a nice cat. Redworms work best for me. There still seem to be a lot on the bottom, so a split shot and some leader and a #6 hook and you will be set.

7. Tarheel Cat1

Tarheel Cat1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I just went to Walmart and got hubby and the boys some shrimp and Chicken Livers.Good Catfish bait.Lookout big un here I come.

:0a26:

8. cliff n york

cliff n york New Member

State:
    south carolina
    im new to this site but will be fishing lake wylie this summer where are some places to fish on the lake cliff

9. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    Cliff, the wife and i fish off Big Allison (at 274), and at the Allison landing (also off 274).
    I'll PM you my contact info, in case you need better directions.

10. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Welcome to the BOC, Cliff :big_smile: I haven't fished Wylie yet but hope to do so soon.

11. ToonCat

ToonCat New Member

State:
    Tega Cay SC
    Welcome to the BOC Cliff.....in the lower end of the lake, several good spots are in Big Allison near the power lines, another is in front of Ebeneezer park, another the river channel close to the dam. I like to drift cut bait in all these places from about 5-20....a little deeper near the dam. June's a good month! Good luck and let us know how you do.