Fishing Lake Moultrie 09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by JDWILLIS39, Jan 3, 2009.

1. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Here is way the day 01/03/09 went. Wife and I got on water around 9:30 am light fog but you good see land across from Angels Landing. We made leisurely drive down to the beginings of deep water, found some bait and what looked like maybe some fish. Wind was almost 0 didn't even put out a sock for while. No bites. Moved about 11:30 am into some deeper water put out drift sock, nice gentle south east breeze with heavier fog. I put out drift socks. 11:45 18 lb blue got 5 lines (picture attached)and in socks. Wind had quit and he just moved boat up. Wife backed boat up and we got him out of socks and in boat. Picture attached my fish. Sun peeking out some chill is coming off but wind is gone around dial to south west. Boat did figure eight on GPS. Rod went down hard as I have ever had one go down and it broke the line before could even get to it. At 12:25 wife got 20.5 lb blue (picture attached.) Sun shined maybe 10 minutes then the fog came back. We caught two more small fish. Then FOG really rolled in. Around three pm we headed back because we could see less than 50 foot and had to motor very slow. NO land in sight. Thank the Lord for GPS. My wife now agrees that the Lowrance 113HD is worth all I paid for it. Finished day off with nice bowl of Iceman's catfish stew. All in all a nice day.

Attached Files:

2. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Congrats on a good day,John. I need to take my wife in the fog and see if I can get a new unit out of it:smile2:

3. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Congrats John! Thanks for the report.

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Yeah, but I wanna know where you caught that bowl of fish stew...:wink:

5. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Glad yas got out and had fun. Sharing fishing with the wife can be very rewarding. Thanks for the report!

6. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    way to go jd and thanks for the report

7. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Congrats JD. It is difficult to keep those lines seperated when you get a decent fish on and there isint any wind to keep you lines tight.

8. catmandosimpsonville

catmandosimpsonville New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Good Job JD! Do you know Capt Leray out of Angels Landing?

9. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    I know who you are taking about but I do not know him.

10. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Two super days fishing with Capt Jim Kyle. We got 12 fish on 11 big one was 24 lb some in 10 to 20 range with 3/4 in 5 to 10 lb. It was good day fishing. We got them on cut shad in 35 to 40 feet of water but the bite was slow.
    We got started late today after 11:00 am before we got started fishing. No shad to be had today. We used cut bait in 35 and deeper water bite was slow. Capt Jim really had to use his fishing skills today to get us on fish but big fish were hard to come by. Big fish was 17 lb rest for total of 8 rest were under 10 lbs. WINDY early and no wind late in day. Chilly all day. But if you want to have a fun day on water get up with Capt Jim Kyle (jk888) Thanks Jim for two great days.