Fishing Lake Monticello

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Chalk, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Chalk

Chalk New Member

State:
    Union, South Carolina
    For years several of my co-workers have hired guides and went to Santee Easter weekend to fish. We have had some luck but this past April the wind was blowing so hard the guides wouldn't even take us out. Since we didn't get to fish in April I was looking thru a Soth Carolina Sportsman Magazine and came across Fightin Da Blues Guide service fishing at Monticello. I decided to give Chris a call since that is not very far from home and not near as far as Santee. 2 of my coworkers and I went with Chris and had a blast. We caught some nice fish and Chris is a great Guide and really knows how to put you on the fish. I will say I highly recommend Fightin Da Blues Guide service to anyone who wants to have a great time fishing with a great guide. Thanks again Chris for putting up with us and letting us enjoy the day.

2. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Kevin you did the right thing by hiring Chris. He is a world class guide and a great fisherman. He has helped me alot and made me a more successful fisherman. He also tells great stories. I also would recommend him to anyone looking to land some great fish. Congratulations on your trip. Glad to see that you had a great time.

3. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    2nds to what randy said,he is a wealth of knowledge and I'm sure you learned alot from your trip.

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Glad that you had a good time, Kevin - and welcome to the BOC. And you're absolutely right, Cap'n Chris is a right nice feller. He's got catfishin' in his blood :smile2:

5. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Welcome to the Boc Kevin, I feel sure you will enjoy this site.

6. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    welcome kevin...ain't it funny how things work out...all these years you have been going to santee and due to the bad weather y'all end up at monticello this year with chris and find out you have an awesome fishery close to your house...might have to reconsider driving all the way to santee from now on:wink:

7. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Welcome to the BOC Kevin, congrats and glad you had a great time.Ol' Capt'n Chris is a great guide and a fun feller to be around.:big_smile:

8. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    It's always a gamble at Santee. Never seen the wind affect a lake like it does that one. A couple of weekends ago some friends and myself hired a guide for 2 nights. The first night the wind was blowing so hard it looked like an ocean. The second night we got to fish but the wind still was blowing pretty hard. It's good we got a lake like Monticello close by to fish. It does beat driving all the way to Santee. Congrats on a good catch.

9. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks for the kind words Kevin, I enjoyed it myself.

10. Chalk

Chalk New Member

State:
    Union, South Carolina
    Thanks to all for Welcoming me to the BOC and once the deer hunting slows down a little bit I will surely be giving Chris a call to catch some more of those nice Cats.

11. Cat Lady

Cat Lady New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Kevin, Chris is a very educated gentleman when it comes to catfish. I spent one day with him and he really changed my whole perspective on cat fishing. He laid the laws down and gave it to you in a professional mannerism. Great guy, and really learned a lot from him in a short time. I hope to fish with him again, and would recommend anyone to him.

12. andrew492

andrew492 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    yes we sure had a good time