Fishing Lake McSwain

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Mutt, May 28, 2006.

1. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Well since I been super busy all weekend and couldnt get to the gathering I am going trout fishing at McSwain monday. Should be decent even though I am sure there will be a lot of guys fishing this weekend.

2. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Good luck Mutt catch some nice trout out there.

3. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Thanks Vini I hope to its kinda rare for me to come back without but it does happen now and then lol.

4. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Did'ja killum again Mutt?

5. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    nope didnt kill em the lake was not very busy when we left at 1pm caught a couple decent ones but that was it we still had a good time.

6. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Welp I was hopin for ya man:wink:

Soon as the high sierra streams calm down a bit breaking out the fly rod and heading on up to the hills, can't wait to hook my first trout on a fly, if it happens:roll_eyes:

7. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Well this is the funny part this is the first time I went with just my trolling setups left my flypole and my spinning stuff at home. If I WOULD of brought the other stuff I would of caught a bunch but as per normal I normally kill em trolling lol but not this time and not rigged for anything else lol. Thats ok had a good time anyways.

8. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Are the grasshoppers out yet Mutt? thats when you have to fish the surface for sure, they go crazy over those hoppers.

We used to fish the spillway below Mcswain I believe and hoppers or crickets were definetly the best baits .

9. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    not sure if they are or not right now. They were sure jumping good though and down below the spillway was packed elbows and butts lol lots of people out there monday but not many on the lake.