Fishing lake lewisville

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by scline999, Oct 16, 2006.

1. scline999

scline999 New Member

State:
    Highland Village,TEXAS
    I'm new and was thinking about going up into hickory creek, the west end of lewisville, and fishing for cats. Do you think it's a good time after all this rain? Hickory creek feeds the lake there.

2. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Scott welcome aboard here on the BOC Glad to have you. Im not to sure about Lewisville but im sure the bite will get better since we got some decent rain. And by the way please get a picture up soon so we will know who we are talking too.

3. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    how much did it rain up there. i like to fish lavon and it was real low last time i was up there. it needs a lot of rain before spring so the crappie will have water and the boat ramps will be usable.

4. mch4fishing

mch4fishing New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Welcome to the BOC Scott,
    Yes the bite will be picking up now that all this rain has sent new supplys of food along with everything else down river.
    This site and all of its members have been of great help to me in 2 states and I always check posts or threads from where ever I am going to vacation.
    You will do well. Might need to let things settle a bit but thank God for the rain. It will help all types of fishing.
    Once again Welcome to the BOC.
    Marc:cool2:

5. scline999

scline999 New Member

State:
    Highland Village,TEXAS
    Thanks guys. Someone told me you cant catch big cats on liver. Is that true? What do you recomend for bank fishing? Im thinking about buying a casting net to catch shad and other bait fish. I was told that was the best bait.

6. ETEX-JIGGER

ETEX-JIGGER New Member

State:
    TYLER, TEXAS
    Bank Or Boat, Shad And Livers Always Work For Me. I Am Always Trying Different Stuff Though. Pm Me Some Time & I Will Give You Some More Stuff I Use

7. CrawDaddy

CrawDaddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've always read that using live or cut bait is the way to go to catch the bigs cats, but have seen exceptions. My Dad caught a 30lb blue 3 years ago on liver. My buddy caught a 18 lb blue on shrimp 2 weeks ago.

8. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Yeah the cast net will be your best investment,and by the way thanks for getting a picture up.:big_smile:

9. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Scott, you can catch some big ones on chicken liver, that also depends on what you consider big cats. I have caught some cats on liver that were 8 to 12 pounds. :smile2:
    Also, welcome to the BOC brother. :cool2:

10. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    I went last week and caught a good eater on Danny Kings bait.

11. jetdocx

jetdocx New Member

State:
    Corinth Tx
    Fresh shad is your best bet. But Danny King or Lewis King are both real good baits to try. Last week biggest was #40 on punch bait and #30 on shad. Not a bad day at all. I fish Lewisville sometimes. These were caught on Lewisville in 2 feet of water.

12. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    When I fish Lewisville lake I like to use shrimp soaked in vanilla. It works well for the eating size channels.

13. bigcatch87

bigcatch87 New Member

State:
    louisianna
    Lake lavon is your best bet. 30 and 40 pounder come out of there daily. Even though the water is low.