Fishing Lake Dardanelle

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by TOPS, May 18, 2007.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Shep and I put in at mill creek, Went to the inlet, no bite, went into mill creek,no bite, Oh well, I ran my boat and I was out there. May-be next time.

2. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Your luck is like mine. some days I couldn't catch a fish in a stock tank with a dip net

3. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    you still had better luck than me. you can't launch boats here the water is too high, so my wife and i went to do some bank fishing. a long way before we got to our fishing place, the river was backed up over the road.we turned around and went back home. it would have been a good chance to fish the back wate which i have never done. its got to go down some day. lol
    boliver

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Top, back when I was trotlining, I put one under the Mill Creek bridge, baited with live bream, and kept it there for 3 or 4 weeks, running it every day. Never caught a fish. Never even saw evidence that a fish had tried to eat one of the bream. I had a paper graph recorder at the time, and while I marked quite a few good looking spots, they just didn't hold any fish to speak of. Seems to me that it's about time for the channels to be up on the riprap. Maybe along the road across the Illinois Bayou?

5. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Cant fish the River, current to strong,water to muddy The lake is clear but I do not know where the cats are in the Lake. I guess I should spend more time fishing the Lake to learn it better.

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I've always meant to fish the spot where the Illinois Bayou channel hits the Arkansas River channel but never have. I know some big fish have been taken there, though. If you've got a depth finder, you can probably follow the Bayou channel from where it meets the lake on out to where it meets the river channel.

7. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i dont know aboutwhere the two intersect but i have gone up the ill.to the old dam where the ice house was.ive cought cats as well as stripers there.

8. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Shep and I will fish the Lake Thursday 21 June 07. As Sam said just fish it, The Lake and I will go round and round, Who will win no body knows!!:big_smile:

9. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Top try baiting still water with sweet feed. We are wear'n the catfish out on Nimrod.:cool2: