fishing kart

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bluecatnut, Jan 5, 2009.

1. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    i am gettin ideas for my fishin buggy and i just wanted to see how many bank fisherman use a cart or a wagon to get all their stuff to the water
    and show pic please
    thanks

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    i use a cart to get my gear to the water,its a reel:wink: lifesaver,i ordered mine i think from arbor freight or harbor freight something like that.I took some old house siding and lined the bottom and sides so the rods wont go through the sides and bottom. I dont have any pics of it or i would show you.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Bass Pro Shops are now listing carts in their catalog.

4. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    i want to make my own cause i have some ideas for a bad cat kat kart just lookin of ideas

5. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    I don't use one and don't have any pictures but I'll bet you could make a pretty neat fishing cart out of an old pull golf cart. It probably depends on how difficult it is to get to your fishing spot.
    have a good one
    just

6. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    just do what i do, invite a buddy to go fishing :wink: i wish i could use a cart most of the places i fish its to rough to use a cart.

7. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    It's impossible to use wheels/tires too big. I would start with those 20" semi-pneumatics they put on garden carts. In fact, a garden cart wouldn't be a bad thing, at all.

8. reelworks

reelworks New Member

State:
    NJ
    I've been thinking of building something myself. For me, I'd like something that works for both getting down to the lake or river bank as well as out on the beach or pier.
    The wheels need to be fairly large in diameter as well as wide enough not to sink in soft dirt, mud, or sand.

It can't be too wide,especially if the trek to the water means a foot path or through trees. It has to be easily transportable, in other words, not so large and heavy you can't lift it of fit it in your car or truck, it should have rod holders, room for a larger cooler, tackle box, bait cooler, lunch, etc.

It may need to be corrosion proof to some degree, especially if you go near saltwater. The handle design needs to be so that the weight is not carried by you, but on the wheels, so balance is important. Most of all, it most likely needs to be handleable with on hand, (that way you leave the other hand free to carry your catch back to the car with). In many areas, you wouldn't want to leave either behind and have to make a second trip. It may not be there when you get back.

9. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i have to use a backpack, most my spots ( the one's that are any good) are too hard to get to :confused2:

10. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I agree that the rougher the terrain, the bigger wheels you need, but if you don't need big wheels, you can make a cart from a 2-wheel dolly. Back in the mid 80s I was doing a lot of trotlining below Dardanelle Dam on the Arkansas River, and the parking lot is over 1/4 mile away. Carrying 2 or 3 5-gallon buckets of shad that far was a really big chore, especially considering I wasn't supposed to be lifting anything heavy. So, I used my 2-wheel dolly to carry them back to the car. At first, I got some pretty strange looks, but before long, several of the local snaggers decided that they could use a dolly to carry their gear down, and their gear + fish back. It got to be a pretty common thing to see guys with a dolly that had a pvc rodholder on the side, and a 5-gallon bucket full of big sinkers & snagging hooks.

11. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I brought a garden cart from Lowes that I use for my gear & pvc pipes for rod holders on the cart. It'll carry a cooler, tackle, lawn chair, net, 3 rods & reels & a few extras. Be warned the garden cart does get a little heavy & can easily tilt! I also use some home made ramps to help load & unload the truck. The cart photo is on my profile "my best friend" album.