fishing Jordan Lake

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by 22 cheetah, Sep 9, 2008.

1. 22 cheetah

22 cheetah New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Ive fished jordan a few times in the past month but i never seem to catch any fish over a couple of pounds. any tips on how to catch some bigger ones.

2. Fishing Fred

Fishing Fred New Member

State:
    Lillington, N.C
    Are you fishing from the bank or a boat ? Also what part of the lake have you tried ? What kind of fish are you trying to catch ? Might be able to help you out a little. Have talked to KoKing 20 about doing a trip to Jordan in the near future. Might be able to get something together then.

3. 22 cheetah

22 cheetah New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    thanks fred and as of now i can just fish from the bank. ive been fishing bells church with no luck for cats

4. Fishing Fred

Fishing Fred New Member

State:
    Lillington, N.C
    Dustan, Bells is usually known for crappie. Some real slabs have been caught there. If you are limited to the bank right now there is a really good area at Poes Landing boat ramp. Lots of room to bank fish. Gets crowded on the week-end but I'm always seeing people there when I use that ramp. You are probably not going to catch any good size cats at Jordan from the bank. Not many in the Lake either. White Cats and small to med. channels are what I usually find trolling for stripers. I'm far from A Jordan expert but I'll try to help you any way I can. You wiull find some inconsiderate people around the dock and ramp at Poes at night. Back around the last of August after a night of crappie looking I couldn't even use the dock for a crowd of people on the dock. Can get temper riled up fast when you scrap the bottom of your boat on the rocks trying to load up in the dark. Fred

5. katsandsuds

katsandsuds New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Thanks Fred. I live about an hour NE of Jordan, and was looking to hit it up for night fishing. If most of the blues are Med to small, I may look for alternate spots.

6. Fishing Fred

Fishing Fred New Member

State:
    Lillington, N.C
    I have caught very few Blues. Mostly white catfish by the bunches. Some of the whites are good eating size and very good. The channels are picking up over the last several years and some are good size but no trophys at least for me. Of course I'll admit I'm very far from an expert on any kind of fishing. I do more looking than catching. Going to try some of Macs trolling tecniques on Jordan and The upper Cape Fear soon.