Fishing Jinx's

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Game_Of_Inches, May 20, 2007.

1. Game_Of_Inches

Game_Of_Inches New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just sitting here thinking about fishing and I was wondering if you have the same dumb luck that seems to happen enough that you have noticed a strong trend. For example it almost never fails that the biggest fish that I'll catch on any given night nearly always eats the bait on my crappiest pole. Its like they sense weakness some how. Also when I buy a new setup it seems like a week or more before I catch a fish on it. I could have caught 18,000,000 fish in one night but none of those fish ever bite my new setup. Anything like this happen to you?

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    How about everytime you go out that a cold front goes thru and the bite just about shuts down for everyone but you :lol:

3. Game_Of_Inches

State:
    Ohio
    Well that is one Jinx that I wish would come my way more often. It seems I catch week long cold fronts on my annual fishing trip almost every time.

4. Kinch's_cats

Kinch's_cats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    How about when you take the time to go out and catch awesome bait that you're pumped about and think to yourself that you're going to catch everything in the river...but you don't.

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have never caught a cat on a crappie pole:big_smile:

6. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    yep i can relate

got all pumped since everyone was bringing in fish the day before went out that night same time same general area and not a squat only thing bitin was the skeeters lol

7. Brian Wheeler

Brian Wheeler New Member

State:
    ohio
    The dreaded "C" WORD.........

YOU KNOW CAMERA.every time i take one i couldn't catch a cold.

8. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    Try leaving the camera in the truck....Works for me
    If its on the boat, I might as well leave the poles at home....
    Funny how that works.:big_smile:

9. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    hehe, I got the same problem...

10. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    what about when your havin one of those mornings/nights, where your more excited about havin a line out than usual. but then when you get to that honey hole, everything goes bad from the car ride to packin up to leave? trippin over stuff on the bank/in the boat, cant tie a knot if you had to save yourself, hook yourself more than the average of 25 times per trip, or do like i did the other day and find a magic bed of suck(my and all my buddys word for rivermud/quicksand) that wasnt there a few hours ago. anyone but me experiance this?

11. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    It's not bad but funny. How some nights you only get hits on one rod no matter where it is or how many times you move it, it will be the only one getting hits!!

12. joeczar

joeczar New Member

State:
    Parma, Ohio
    I was Bass fishing one night. I was using a buzz bait and the Bass where really hitting it. I could not understand why I missed the first 6 fish that hit the bait. I then decided to look at the hook on the buzz bait and and then I realized I never took off the plastic sleeve that covered the hook. I did not catch another fish that night on that lure after I took off the sleeve

13. Game_Of_Inches

State:
    Ohio
    Now that you mention the camera jinx I also have the net and stringer jinx. If I consciously remember to bring a net or stringer I never need them but if I forget them the fish always make me pay for it. By the way forgeting the net nearly always happens on tournament nights too.

14. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My fishing trips has just been plain terrible for the last two years. I can't catch anything! Talk about frustrated!!:crazy:

15. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    how about when you scout an area for an up coming tournament, you go and fish it a couple nights before hand to see if its gonna be any good. you may even catch one, then do what i often do..pull baits away from them to not sore mouth them. Now, your pumped! you tell your buddys you're on some fish for the weekend. Then the night arrives, you go back there only to catch a channel, small shovelhead and 4 big turtles!!!!WHAT A SPOT!!!! then you have the dreaded weigh-in where you know your gonna get laughed at! true stuff! glad that has never happened to me. lol:embarassed:

16. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    My worst jinx seems to be the annual Ohio gathering lol. No fish last year and only one 15 or so pounder this year. Or is it just the dreaded cold front that Ryan brings with him? I also seem to have the worst luck when I take my best buddy fishing, one year all 4 times he went with me bank fishing we were hounded by homeless drunk guys that wanted to sit and talk with us LOL. I was beginning to think he was a magnet.

17. flathead jack

flathead jack New Member

State:
    ohio
    It never fails to be bank fishin and you need to go to the truck for somthing (like30 feet away) and you watch the poles all the way to the truck and you look out in the lake and the bobber goes "plunk" and you run back and as soon as you lay hands on the pole, it resurfaces. Happens every time!:lol:

18. ga2oh

ga2oh New Member

State:
    ohio
    i can go out by myself and catch fish all night, but when i take my oldest or wife they catch everything and i just lose my bait.