Fishing is slow

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by maddkatz22, Feb 16, 2007.

1. maddkatz22

maddkatz22 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    :sad2: I just came back from Pack's Landing and Jack's Creek this morning and the reports from both places are the same; the fish are not bitting! There was a total of 2 boats at both landings. Pack's told me that this week the guides have only been catching about 3 fish per outting, with the largest about 15#. Maybe the weather will warm up a little by next week and then maybe the fish will start up again!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck and if anyone heres any better news plaese post.

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks for the info mike it shouldnt be long and Packs should be pretty hot. I usually do alot of fishing there in the spring. I think I am going to try some hog hunting for the next few weeks.

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Yeah, I made a circuit around some of the river and lake boat landings on Wed. and found the same thing. Almost nobody fishing at all, and the couple of folks I spoke with weren't doing any good. :confused2:

4. CaTmAnDo55

CaTmAnDo55 New Member

State:
    florence, SC
    i went down to randolphs landing today for couple of hours caught a 6lb blue and a 12lb blue using cut shad filleting them using 4/0 circle hooks it wasnt nothing to brag about but its a great improvement since that past couple weekends we went 0 for. we caught them between 17 and 22 feet it was extremely windy today but there was a good turn out of boats.

5. maddkatz22

maddkatz22 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I made stop back by Pack's Landing last night around 11:30pm and there about 12 boats out, I did not get to talk to anyone, but maybe that is a sign that things are changing!!!!:cool2:

James(RiverCatsc) when you get ready to head down to Pack's lat me know and maybe we can meet up down there!!!

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sounds good to me i should be ready to get back down there in about a month or so I will let u know.

7. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I'm planning on fishing out of packs next saturday, I will post my results. Any pointers on some places to try in that area, last time I fished out of packs was probably 15 years ago and I was strictly bass back then. Never fished from there for cats and stripers. Any info would be apreciated.

8. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Robbie good to hear from u again. I usually go straight to the river and fish in the canal between the river and the flats, Under the R/R bridge and for stripers hands down in the mouth of the creek directly across the river from low falls landing. Let us know how you do and make sure to have plenty of fresh herring and you shouls be able to catch bait with the cast net at daylight in one of the feeder creeks near the blowout. Good luck.

9. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I'll have to get my map out and look at the areas you are talking about. I will definately post my results.

Does Packs sell Herring? I always buy some to start with, since bait has been tough to find on the water here lately.

Thanks for the info

10. maddkatz22

maddkatz22 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Robbie, Pack's does have live bait..You have to ask for it at the checkout counter....As for as good spots to fish... as you come out of the ditch coming into the river tie up or anchor donw right there on the ditch side. there are just about always good fish in that spot... Good Luck and keep us posted...

11. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for all the info, I'm watching the weather and so far Saturday is shaping up to be better and better.