Fishing in the rain?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by baitchunker, Apr 26, 2007.

1. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    it is really comin down right now, and i was wondering how many of yall have fished in the rain. better yet, how many of yall have COUGHT fish in the rain? i have fished in the rain a half dozen times or so out of pure addiction. but ive never cought more than a couple. of course right before and sometimes right after but never during. any input?

j.d.:0a21:

2. mudkat

mudkat New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i dont often catch things but i hear its because food washes off the shore and they dont bite that well

3. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    I have had luck fishing while it is raining. But just like you said i've done better before or after the rain.

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    The worst storm that I was caught in came in on me fast. I was at a lake near central Ohio under a bridge and lightning all around. Truthfully I was loving it (it was fun) and neet to watch the lightning. I caught a couple of eater size. Normaly I dont go out tho if its already raining Ill go as soon as I can after it gets done tho and you should be able to use just worms and get a lot of action. They know that feeding time is near due to the run off of the rain.

5. chuck99

chuck99 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I have found over the years, that a shower or light rain increase the number of bites, especially with a bobber. I was always told the "rain knock the bug into the water, the little fish come to eat the bugs, the bigger fish come to the the little fish"

6. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I LOVE having a trotline out when it rains, especially if it's enough to make the river rise (a little). IMO, unless there's a big temp change involved, rain is good.

7. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    thanks yall! i have heard that about bugs and stuff being washed in. but, i wasnt sure about the actual rain part. i'm sure i will fish in the rain again one day. "when you gotta go... you gotta go!"

8. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    And I found out that it is better to go when you gotta go, than try to go when you've already gone!

9. kykatattack

kykatattack New Member

State:
    kentucky
    fishing on the ohio river slip bobber and shad heads steady rain 54 blues all over 15 lbs biggest 42 lbs both my arms wore out best 7 hours of fishing ever had

10. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Fishing where a creek enters a lake I have killed the channels in down poors more then once.

11. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    if it rains hard enough to get the river out of its banks go fish in the pastures on the sides of the river.channels and blues head out there to eat thoes bugs and worms that crawl out of the ground.if grass or brush is real bad use a float the fish are up and looking for stuff floating.

12. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I've had pretty good luck while fishing in the rain.

13. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    I have had real good luck fishing in the rain

14. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I have caught fish in the rain, they bite good in the rain.

15. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Me too! I love fishing in the rain!!!

16. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Trout, Salmon and Small-Mouthed-Bass hit pretty decent in the rain. Raining today and I might have more to tell youins later on this one! Might have to try'er out today!

17. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a27: with this post for the same reasons.

So "Yes" I've had some good luck in the rain, but like another member said - I like to be on the water
    "right before or right after" the rains. :wink:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

18. CatfishUgly

CatfishUgly New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ive caught alot of channels in the 2-8 pound range in the rain, but ive never caught anything of great size. I have never caught a flathead when it is raining tho.

I love flatheads

19. catfish_clayton

catfish_clayton New Member

State:
    Catania, Italy,
    Yeah Ive caught fish during rain, but most of my catches are made right after.

20. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i was gettin' all pumped up about fishin' in the rain this weekend. all of the sudden the weather has turned 85 and sunny (few clouds). oh well i guess i'll just have to settle for "good conditions". thanks again yall the input was great!
    j.d.