Fishing in the Rain

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by PeZ, Jun 28, 2006.

1. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I personal like fishing in the rain Ive had really good luck in the past my wife thinks im nuts for wanting to go fishing in the rain but i tell her the fish are allready wet they dont no the differce. I would like to here if other BOC members like fishing in the rain and what there experiences were like in the rain

2. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Depends on what kind of rain it is. A light drizzle I don't mind at all. A bit more than that and I might not mind if I have something overhead to block it. Monsoons are right out though.

From what I have seen the cats really like biting in the rain though. They love the thought of all the worms, mice, birds, and other animals that will soon be washed into the water.

3. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    I take my rain suit with me every time I go out. I will fish in any kind of rain as long as there is not lightening. I see lightening I want off the water and right now. Can think of 3 times in my life that I've about been hit my lightening and I don't want to end up a French fry. Thing that worries me the most is that I'm in an aluminum boat, in the water sitting on a seat held up by a metal post coming up out of that aluminum boat. Guess where that metal post ends.....and just imagine the path that lightening is going to follow.... OK now you see why I want off the water. :eek:oooh:

4. Crash

Crash New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I bring my Frog Togs with me on every trip. No rain can keep me off the water.:cool2:

5. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    I love fishing in the rain. I caught my first flathead (the one in my avatar) on the coldest and wettest day of the month. The best part was that I had the lake all to myself.

6. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Fishin in the rain can be VERY productive especially durring the summer months. When it rains, the water is cooled at the surface by the raindrops, also, water running off land into the water brings nutrients to baitfish. This in turn causes them to go into a feeding frenzy, predators of the baitfish hear the frenzy, and then go into their own frenzy on the baitfish.

At least thats what I keep telling myself.

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I'll fish in the rain but will not go out in the lighting carrying lighting rods and in an aluminium boat. as for luck in the rain I guess it varies I do have good luck if it hasn't been raining for an extended period but if I have gotten there and it starts to rain haed I know if I move to shallower water it increases my chances of hooking up with decent fish. Also I try to use live gills, shad are herring along with whole nightcrawlers. Seems that natural baits work better for me.

8. ahoki

ahoki New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Rain is ok. When ya start talking lightning or heavier winds im out we head in!