Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
I've found that cats tend to be actively feeding during storms; all that rain washes in all kinds of goodies for them to eat (bugs, worms, dead critters, fruit, etc). Right before a big storm or powerful cold front hits is also a good time.

· Registered
4,103 Posts
anytime is a good time to fish, now catching is different! I have real good luck before and during the rains, but no luck at all right after a good rain/storm has passed and the runoff is done. Location is still very important also, finding a spot where rainwater is washing in and go back to basics and toss a crawler into the water, fish will be there waiting for food to wash in to them, and at that time a crawler is deadly. right after a storm has passed I have pretty poor luck, but assume it is because the fish went on a feeding binge and are resting now, on the river once the water crests the bite stops, when it is rising the fish hit anything and everything,when its dropping you often cannot buy a bite around here anyway.

· Registered
545 Posts
anytime is a good time to fish, now catching is different! I have real good luck before and during the rains, but no luck at all right after a good rain/storm has passed and the runoff is done. Location is still very important also, finding a spot where rainwater is washing in and go back to basics and toss a crawler into the water, fish will be there waiting for food to wash in to them, and at that time a crawler is deadly. right after a storm has passed I have pretty poor luck, but assume it is because the fish went on a feeding binge and are resting now, on the river once the water crests the bite stops, when it is rising the fish hit anything and everything,when its dropping you often cannot buy a bite around here anyway.
Its the same here as well don , rising water is great , stable water is ok , fast dropping water and you can expect a tuff bite .

· Registered
162 Posts
Fishing in the rain for me is like riding my bike in the rain, it only happens if i get caught in it, and matters not which one im on, usally all i get is wet, lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.