Fishing in the rain?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by ~Austin~, Sep 12, 2009.

1. ~Austin~

~Austin~ New Member

State:
    Texas
    Do fish bite better, worse or about average when it's raining?

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have always had good luck fishing in the rain but would expect it depends on the fish being in a feeding mood.

3. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    good, thats all i can say unless your after flatheads

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    i find they bite better,especially around feeder creeks and places like that.If you can stand the rain thats the best time to be out.well as long as theres no lightning of course:wink:

5. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    I'd say aweful while it's raining. now before the front comes in and the pressure change is just starting is great and about an hour after the rain stops and the river is rising from the fresh rain are excellent times. during the rain in my experience is the worst.

6. cavereric

cavereric New Member

State:
    Austin,Texas
    sounds like good news to me I'm going fishing tomarow after 3 days of rain here in ATX

7. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    I've caught a lot of fish in the rain. I would have to say better. All so after a good hard rain if you don't want to get wet.

8. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    always had a good trip in the rain. planning on going in the morning in the rain.

9. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    What he said; sums it up pretty well. I try to stay dry but end up being soaked to the bone most of the time.

10. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I'd have to say during and after a rain. As soon as the feeder creeks and run offs start raising the waters, any time day or night. Always watching out for the rivers to raise to fast. Safety 1st. ​

11. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Fishing in the rain can be very productive if it's not a downpour and absolutely NO lightening.:smile2::smile2::smile2: Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

12. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    I'd say my luck has been only average during the rain, however, before and after are good times.

13. lazer20

lazer20 New Member

State:
    WV
    I'd say during and after, I've had fished alot in both. Alot of times when cats are being inactive a slight rise in water level or just stirring up the bottom can drive them out of there holes. I've pulled stuburn flatheads out of holes and pulled in blues with float rigs during and just after the rain. Although I do change my bait out more frequently during this time.

14. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Some of my most productive fishing sessions in both salt water and fresh water have been during a slight, steady rain. The sudden temperature change (Air temp of the rain vs. water temp of the body of water) in conjunction with the barometer change and as previously mentioned the stirring up of the bottom are all factors in turning the bite on. That has been my experience anyway.

Ray

15. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Im betting on yes, its better...:big_smile:
    I will let you know tomarrow night...:wink:
    after I dry out...:confused2:
    Puddle

16. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    I'll second that one John.

Yeah, I'll let you know on Monday because I'm sure gonna give it a try! Supposed to rain like crazy!

17. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I have my best luck in the rain and i could care less about the lightening..if its the big mans plan for me to be struck then there is no way around it lol

18. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    personally i have had mixed results, i seem to think they actually bite the best ether directly before or directly after a rain. i do however firmly believe in finding a feeder creek and fishing the line in the mud, where it feeds the bigger creek. the predator fish will be waiting around that line for an easy meal.

19. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    I'll find out today when I leave work in the morning!!
    The rain won't stop me , but slipping off the rocks will!!:smile2: