Fishing in the Jungle!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by smoothkip25, Jul 27, 2009.

1. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Took Garrett to a hole i knew about on a small local river that was know to hold flatheads. It started out ok till I decided to drive down the road to try another spot, It was the nastiest mess ive ever walked through. It started out walking down the steepest hill you have ever saw, then through some of the highest thickest brush a man has ever seen, When we finally got to the river it was so slick and muddy it was unbelievable. WE finally got setup and i threw a few huge baits out in one of the largest log jams ive ever seen on such a small river. I had one good run on about a 14 in, largemouth but ended up droppin it. Garret had a few runs and then caught a huge Leatherback Turtle. I tell ya, The crazy stuff you do to catch a big fish, I laid in bed pretty much all day with a sore back but as i told garrett last night if one of us would have hooked into a good fish last night it would have been worth it. I think ill scout a little more next time before we go tramping through the mud and the muck. Regardless I still had a good time BSing with my buddy Garrett and cant wait till our next outing!:big_smile:

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Might wanna drop down bait sizes too lol. Thanks for the post an wish you a better night soon.

3. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Big Bait, Big Fish! Weed out the small ones I guess! Alot of my buddies think im crazy but one of these nites im gonna make believers out of them!:wink:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  4. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    I think Kip just wants to see how much climbing and walking an old man like me can take.:crazy: He didn't mention me slipping down the bank and sinking my left leg into the muddy river muck up to my knee while i was carrying 3 rods, a 40 lb tackle bag,a small cooler and a big net. I couldn't get my leg out! He did show a little mercy by pulling me up and out of that Knox county equivalent of setting concrete or i'd likely STILL be in that Amazonian muck.
    I have to say that my favorite part of the night (and i had to search my rapidly fading memory hard for good ones) was when Kip hiked ahead of me to find "the best path thru the forest to the river". That took like 15 minutes,then i heard his voice thru the thick brush trying to navigate his way back. He had a hard time doing so because the weeds and bushes were like 5 FEET OVER HIS HEAD. All kidding aside it's always an experience fishing with Kip. But guys i gotta warn ya....if you ever hear him say "I found a GREAT SPOT that isn't heavily fished"...Be Afraid....be VERY AFRAID!:wink:

5. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Hope your back injury isn't too bad Kipper. I shot hoops for two hours tonight so score one for the OLD GUYS!:wink:

6. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Forgot to mention i ran some wind sprints too or i'd have called tonight to check on ya. Sorry man:wink: Get well soon k?

7. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Oh im Ok. I got up and stomped the celings in the basement and finished sanding it all and me and little misses smooth played a few games also!:smile2: You cant keep me down too long!:wink: By the way im not much of a sprinter im more of a distance runner myself! LMAO!

8. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds like a mess i'd get into! Just finally glad to see i'm not the only one! You guys definetly got the right idea though and it always makes for a great time even if you don't catch any fish. Thanks for the story makes for some great reading!!! :wink:

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That sounds like one of me and Mellons trips of a few years ago, but we usually waded across the scioto after going thru the woods and the weeds.

My trips now with Roger are old man trips:big_smile: unless you count setting in the rain all day