Fishing in the Abilene Texas area

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by huskerhaters, Mar 5, 2006.

1. huskerhaters

huskerhaters New Member

State:
    texas
    I know this may be a little off the wall but I am new to this area and looking for folks who fish catfish around here. I am from the Texoma/Lake Ray Roberts area. Looking for someone to fish with around here. I have a good boat but i am not to familliar with the lakes around here. If anyone is interested give me a PM. I am in the Air Force and was stationed in Nebraska hence the name Huskerhaters. Anyway hope to here from someone who knows the area.

2. suddawg

suddawg New Member

I'm stationed at Offutt (STRATCOM Elite Guard,) but got here on Base of Preference (Maxwell, AL was my 1st base.) It's so funny to hear all the non-Nebraska residents say they hate the cornhuskers because that's all we (Nebraskans) talk about. But it's the truth, so I can't call BS. At least you're near Lake Texoma where they've been known to pull a few monsters out of. Good luck

Suddawg

3. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    try millers creek reservoir. i think its a lil north of you, close to munday.

4. huskerhaters

huskerhaters New Member

State:
    texas
    Thats funny that you work for the security forces there....I just left there....stationed there 9 years as a cop.....I left in November.....I use to be the flight chief for C flight elite guard......after I left NAOC....Now that you dogged me out I may have to call SMSgt Shiflett and have him ride your tail....kidding.....Hope you like it there....try naoc if you ever get the chance

5. suddawg

suddawg New Member

I've been there since January 05. Went straight from training to the Elite Guard. I tried for a position with NAOC but got beaten by SSgt Mila (squared away troop.) I'm actually in Kuwait right now with MSgt Brian Martin. Since you were there for nine years you might of known a cousin of mine. He was I believe a TSgt then, but he went to OTS. David Bristow was his name.

Did you leave this last November, or November 04? I worked B Flight with TSgt Ward as his 2IC. I've pretty much worked with every flight up at the Guard though. SMSgt Shifflett isn't the supt. of the Elite Guard anymore, he took over Ops Supt. MSgt De la Vega (STEP promoted,) is the Supt at the moment.

SSgt Shane M. Sudman

6. bluesbro

bluesbro New Member

State:
    tex
    The little lake north of town, (Lake Fort Phantom Hill?) is a good catfish lake. The lake across the highway from Abilene Reg. Medical Center went dry a few years ago and has been restocked with bluecat. Some of my friends from Bangs have been going there on a regular basis and have been doing very well. The catfish are just now starting to go shallow on Lake Ivie.

7. huskerhaters

huskerhaters New Member

State:
    texas
    Thanks blue on the advice for fishing spots....Saug tell martin I said hi...I worked for him in ops....I was the Physical Security NCOIC.....Tell him I said thanks for the going away plaque......Anyway keep up the good work over there and stay safe.....Listen to Martin he knows what he is doing and is one hell of a leader.....