Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been there much,but I'm planning on a camping/fishing trip.I heard most people fish below the dam,am I right? But the park area appeals to me,mostly because of my health problems.I'm sure that the fishing is good there as anywhere else.Has anybody expeirence on that part of the river? Thanks.

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
6,715 Posts
It's ok lot of commercial netting below the dam ..you can catch blues right now below the dam anchored in the current along the rock jetty by the barge wall say 30yrds out from it to the highline wires:glasses-cool: They got generator issues so we aint been going below the dam we fish above around courthouse slew & clear creek flats.. The dam # is 479-229-2282 it tells Dardnelle pool & Ozark pool what is running.:sun:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for info.Since it's difficult for me to walk on boulders and rocks,I prefer the safety that the park provides.My poles should be able enough to reach the destination point.:smile-big:

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
if you can make long cast you can go on the lock side and drive rite to where ya want to fish.only got a few rocks there and unless its a big fish you can just swing it up on the bank and not walk the rocks at all.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I fished Ozark last week. Caught blues drifting about 2 miles below the dam. They were little fish, but did catch them.
We didn't fish the dam area, but a few boats were. Lots of gar out there last week.
Sam, I am in Missouri now. This stinking Missouri river is running 7 mph according to the corps..................bring me some 16oz sinkers please.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.