Fishing in New York

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEW YORK TALK' started by Catman92, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Catman92

Catman92 New Member

State:
    New York
    I've gone much of this whole summer without fishing, and the times i do go i never catch anything. Any one know any decent fishing areas in the state fairly close to chenango or delaware county.

2. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Welcome to the BOC Dustin. I dont know anything about the area you live in. The best way to get info about fishing would be through the New york state department of inviromental conservation. Just look up N.Y.D.E.C. on your puter. They have a county by county report on fishing, and what kind of fish are in your local waters. Good luck--if i can help in any way let me know.

3. Catman92

Catman92 New Member

State:
    New York
    thanks for the help.:big_smile:

4. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Your welcome Dustin. Do you leve anywhere near the Chanango River? If so ive heard there are channel cat in it.

5. Catman92

Catman92 New Member

State:
    New York
    As a matter of fact i live very close to the chenango river, so thats god news. Plus the town i live in has the susquehanna river run right through it, do you know if there are any sort of catfish in there besides madtoms?

6. izzy1286

izzy1286 New Member

State:
    New York
    hey Dustin Delaware county is a great place to fish i live in Broome county bordering Tioga county and i often go up towards Delaware county to go fishing in the Cannonsville reservoir however u need to get a permit to fish it but it has great lake trout and lots of big bass. good luck pm me for any other questions.