Fishing in Mississippi

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by mperry, Feb 11, 2008.

1. mperry

mperry Member

State:
    Indiana
    Heading down to Mississippi the 24th of March. Not sure where we are going to fish at. Anyone have any suggestions. I was told Bee lake was a good one to try. Need to know about lodging and if there are any places that would cater to having a boat. I was told that cabins and any resorts were non exitent. Any help would be appreciated.

2. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    what part of mississippi are you heading to?
    i may be able to help you ,be glad to try

3. mperry

mperry Member

State:
    Indiana
    Not sure exactly where it is at yet. I am planning on going to Bee lake. Also wanting to find out how far Grenada and some of the other big lakes are from Bee. Might try to hit a few of them while we are there.

4. strutncut68

strutncut68 New Member

State:
    mississippi
    There are rooms for rent at the B lake store. The boat ramp is right in front of the rooms. I think they're bout $20 bucks a night. Call Mrs. Bell (she owns the store/bait shop. Her # is 662-235-5930. Let me know if ya get your trip lined up and i'll try to meet ya there. We have a lake house there on the other end of the lake from the store.

STRUTNCUT68

5. mperry

mperry Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey that would be great. My son, myself and a good friend of mine are planning on coming down. We will be there the 21st sometime in the afternoon. Not sure how long of a drive it is from Indiana. I have not had time to look at any maps yet. Hopefully the weather clears up. We are wanting to fish for crappie but would like to get into some cats also. I have talked to a guide from there and he tells me that the catfishing is great also. If we decide to hire him he jug fishes for them. I have not done that in years. Looking forward to coming down and I will definately take you up on meeting you there.

6. strutncut68

strutncut68 New Member

State:
    mississippi
    What is the name of the guide? I don't know of any guides in this area

7. strutncut68

strutncut68 New Member

State:
    mississippi
    Just a short history lesson: B-Lake is a good lake but the village (town) it's in is Thornton Ms. The store/bait shop is the only thing there. The rooms are not fancy, but it's a fish camp. The town of Belzoni (catfish capitol of the world) is about 25 miles away and Yazoo City is about 20 miles the other direction. The boat ramp is concrete and in pretty good shape. There have been some really nice cats caught there and when the crappie are biten' it can't be beat. If i can arrange to meet up with ya'll maybe we can do some cookin out and nite fishin from my deck that goes out over the lake. Sounds like fun and hope to get to meet ya'll. If there's any thing I can do for ya on this end just let me know.

Bryan

8. mperry

mperry Member

State:
    Indiana
    That is very generous of you. The guides name is Rick Fountain. He does not guide on bee lake but I think he guides on Arkabutla (sp) I don't really mind about the rooms. We are coming there to fish so really only need a place to sleep. I will contact you when we are leaving for sure and hopefully we can get together and do some fishing. Thanks again.

9. strutncut68

strutncut68 New Member

State:
    mississippi
    Hey Mike send me your e-mail and i'll send ya some b-lake pics i took yesterday.Mine is strutncut68@yahoo.com