Fishing in Mayuary ?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by vlparrish, May 15, 2006.

1. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    My Brother and I went fishing this evening. I wore thermal underwear, sweatshirts, insulated overalls, insulated boots, a rain suit, and a cold weather ball cap and was almost comfortable. Is this the middle of May or January? I cant believe this weather. I hear people talking about "global warming" all the time, personally I think it is a bunch of BS. I fished in January this year with warmer weather. Vern

2. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I hear ya, I'd just settle for some sunshine right now. Today makes the 8th day this hurricane has been keeping the sun at bay.

3. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    It's been raining hereand cold! Been that way for a week.
    Bill

4. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    What you guys need is a good power plant lake. I went down to a nearby one this past weekend...it was cold, raining half the time, and miserable, but the water was still warm and there was nobody on the lake. And I mean nobody...normally this place is packed this time of year, but the parking lot was empty and there wasn't a boat in site.

5. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Today is the first glimmer of hope for the warm weather. Up until now its been really bad. Tomorrow it might break 70.

6. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    this last few weeks here in ohio has been terrible,hope it changes soon im getting cabin fever