Fishing in Italy.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfish_clayton, Oct 27, 2009.

1. catfish_clayton

catfish_clayton New Member

State:
    Catania, Italy,
    Well, I got through SeaBee A school and now Im stationed in Italy. I know they have catfish hear, but how do I get a license for this country? Any info would be greatly apreciated. I hope someone can help.

2. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Where are you stationed Clayton? I was in the north part of Italy in the early 90's. I was at Aviano AB. We had some chinooks there when I was there. Fishing to me was very different there. I didn't know anything abouit Wels Catfish back then or I know what I'd have been fishing for. LOL Where I was there was mostly trout ponds. Used to cost about 10 bucks, but you took home way more fish than you could eat in a month. Ask around the local area, the local people can tell you.

3. catfish_clayton

catfish_clayton New Member

State:
    Catania, Italy,
  4. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    It could very well be they don't require one, but to be on the safe side I would start at SATO travel on base and let them point you in the right direction. If that does'nt work most towns or cities have some sort of visitors or tourist info building. If all else fails learn some basic Italion and ask the locals. Good luck.

5. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    I was stationed in Italy near the city of Brindisi and found that a lot of the Italians are outdoorsmen. They love their hunting and fishing. I'm sure you can find a sporting goods store and ask the owner. Get a dictionary and learn a few basic words...then go for it. I found one owner that didn't speak a word of English (why would he, right?) and me in my very broken Italian but we hit it off. He took me to several of his favorite spots and showed me how he fished there...it was great! Fishing is a universal language...you already have that in common. Good luck, and keep an eye on Mt. Etna...been there too!