Fishing/Hunting Cabins..

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mickey, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I listen to some men today talking about their fishing and hunting cabins. I found it interesting and exciting. I have never owned one but wondered if any of the BOC brothers are sisters own or have owned one.

2. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    My family kept a camper trailer at a "long term" camp ground on the Ohio River for several years, but for us, it just got to be more hassle and expense than it was worth. We felt like we were wasting cash if we were not there every weekend and you had a whole other "home" to take care of.

Some folks love it though. I reckon that if you were a "city dweller" it would have great appeal.

I have a cousin who just this year went in half on some acreage in Va. He (by his wife's choice, and command) lives on an urban Fla coast and does not really care for it so it gives him a place in the mountains to get away to.

3. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    We have one in the mountains in North Carolina. Had a really big bear walk up the driveway a few weeks ago at about 10 a.m. We were sitting on the deck. :eek:oooh:

4. justcallme12

justcallme12 New Member

State:
    MS
    Well that would have turned my hunting cabin into my forsale hunting cabin:eek:oooh::confused2:

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Never had one ,I live within five miles of the lake and the same to our ranch so none needed here,I do like the homage ? about them tho

6. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    I don't have a cabin or lodge but I wish I did.I do have a vintage:confused2: 1972 trailer or mobile home.It is known as the deer trailer.Where me and my friends stay during deer season.Still has the trailer under it but it has a concrete block foundation and underpinning.The trailer tounge has concrete blocks cut to fit around the frame. I still have never figured that out.I see deer and turkeys from the windows when I stay down there.I would love to have a small log home back in the woods away from it all.With a walk around porch and a fireplace.Now that would be my dream camp to kick back and relax.:big_smile:

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Never wanted to be tied down to having to go to one place.
    We had a place at the coast once. Spent more time keeping it up and beating back the salt then we did fishing or anything else.

I figure one day I'll have a boat big enough to spend weekends on and use it to fish. No property taxes and I can change the scenery with a different dock lease or marina. Saltwater of course.
    A lake would be too confining.

8. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Here is the deer camp I belong to.

Attached Files:

9. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Here is your deal Mickey!! This would be something to talk about! :big_smile:

---Longterm (99 yr), renewable, transferrable canadian property lease. This cabin easily sleeps 10-12 (with bunks), fully furnished, fully plumbed bathroom. Fully wired for a generator. This is the only cabin currently in use on this lake which measures 3 miles long by 1/2 mile wide. Includes six boats, two nearly new OB motors, two kayaks, canoe, two outbuildings, satellite phone. Drive in or fly right to your dock...if you want privacy, this is it. $35,000 American. ----

http://www.lakecabinsforsale.net/Real_Estate/100000008579019.html

Now, If I could just talk my Ol Lady into living there full time!! :cool2:

10. atvracer

atvracer Member

State:
    IN-47501
    I have a cabin on the river. It's about 40 minutes away. Was there Friday and today messing around. My deer hunting areas are less than 1/2 mile away.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  11. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Since I got married and "forced' to move to the city, my 10 room house on the river has become my hunting/fishing cabin. I'm thinking about leasing it out since it is right on the James River and surrounded by National Forest.

12. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    I'd like to have one. I've always wanted to put a camper on the coast. It would be nice to drive down and have a place to stay at a moments notice.

13. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I've got one but never use it. I usually let some friends that come down stay there during deer season. If it weren't for being on family property guess I would have never built it back thirty sum years ago lol.

14. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Now you are talking.
    I had a camper at the coast back in 90-91 because I was working down there. Had a hurricane boring down on us.
    Loaded the car and the truck up with everything in the camper we didn't want to lose in preperation to drive off and leave it.
    I'd much rather lose an insured camper then an insured house.
    Insurance is a helluva lot cheaper on that camper then a house too when you start talking about coastal insurance.

15. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Definitely.... I'd rather have something that I might have time to get removed.... I'd hate to have to pay flood insurance on a house or fixed mobile home...

16. larry again

larry again Active Member

State:
    missouri
    had a apartment on the osage river in 95,96,97 so close to the river it would come in the front door.wish I still had it spent alot of time down there!

17. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    My hunting and fishing cabin.

18. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    Here is my hunting cabin..... It is built on 10 acres. The additional picture is a buck I took off my 10 acres. The best 10 acres I have owned, and produces some great hunting. My property is wedge inbetween big thick timber, so it works out great. As long as the land (no cattle), low number of hunters stays the same around me, it should be great for years to come!

14 x 20. Has a shower, toilet and loft. It took me 3 years to build, working mainly during the summer on the weekends May - Sept.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  19. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Man, ya'll are livin' the life, while I'm stuck here in this old barn. LM_O

20. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    i have had the pleasure of fishing outa his camp down in louisiana ... hope he doesn't mind me posting pics of it ..... it belongs to gonefishing ....

Attached Files: