Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
Bill, in OkC
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
I went to a Wendy's in Waco, Tx, once and was told in no uncertain terms,"BACON IS NOT MEAT !"
I had ordered a "Baconator, with only the meat, lettuce and onion."
I was handed a burger with beef, cheese, lettuce and onion.
(I don't like melted cheese on any sandwich, except Philly cheesesteak, and sausage melt)

When I complained, "Where's the bacon?"
"You didn't ask for it."
"HUH? I ordered a Baconator!"
"But, you said '...only the meat, lettuce and onion..."
"Bacon is meat."
"No it's not."

To shorten the story a bit, I had bologna sandwich for supper that night.

·
Registered
Aaron from Indiana
221 Posts
I went to a Wendy's in Waco, Tx, once and was told in no uncertain terms,"BACON IS NOT MEAT !"
I had ordered a "Baconator, with only the meat, lettuce and onion."
I was handed a burger with beef, cheese, lettuce and onion.
(I don't like melted cheese on any sandwich, except Philly cheesesteak, and sausage melt)

When I complained, "Where's the bacon?"
"You didn't ask for it."
"HUH? I ordered a Baconator!"
"But, you said '...only the meat, lettuce and onion..."
"Bacon is meat."
"No it's not."

To shorten the story a bit, I had bologna sandwich for supper that night.
You have to love the intelligence level of some people.

·
Premium Member
Bill, in OkC
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Ain't that the truth.
And, when ya think about it, I doubt if there are really that many people working fast food with a PHD.

·
Premium Member
Bill, in OkC
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
here is some fishing humor
my dumb a$$ spent about 30 mins in neck deep fifty sumpin degree water trying to get a 6 dollar lure back
after dark

:p
You must have really liked that lure !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Grandpa said when he was a kid he was fishing the Kentucky river. He saw a squirrel come down a log to the water's edge to grab a hickory nut that was right at the end of the log. Just as the squirrel reached for it a huge largemouth launched from the water and swallowed the squirrel whole. He said the waves and splash was unbelievable. Biggest bass ever. Had to be 23 or 24 lbs! He was breathless. Just as the waves calmed down, the largemouth reappeared and placed another hickory nut on the end of the log.

·
Premium Member
Bill, in OkC
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Years ago, I was fishing at Lake Overholser here in OkC.
I saw a cardinal light on a small branch close to the water. A large mouth bass jumped out of the water and took the bird.
Not as big as a tree rat, but not tiny either. (I have a friend, hates squirrels. Calls them tree rats.)

Reactions: RiverRat 40007

·
Registered
111 Posts
I didn't spend that kind of time in the water but I have stripped down and gone in the retrieve a lure in near-freezing temperatures. The water was a lot warmer than the air and coming back out was ROUGH!!! If I had any sense I probably would not have been out there fishing to start out with. Even the short winters that we have in East Texas are too long for me to go without fishing!!!

I will say that while the numbers in the winter are not as large as they are in the spring, summer, and fall but the size is usually better. Maybe the bigger fish are less bothered by cold water. I seldom have a problem with dinks on a day when the night before was cold enough to chill the water. Note, A really cold night in East Texas is any night that the temperature is in the 30s. As I sit here right now the AC is going.

·
Premium Member
Bill, in OkC
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
AND the AC is still running. I guess this will be another warm verging on hot East Texas Christmases.
Looking at the weather forecast on my phone, it looks like it might be warm enough to go fishing on Christmas day.

·
Premium Member
11,794 Posts
Indiana forecast is 59* on Christmas Eve, 56* on Christmas Day and then back to winter with a high of 36* the following day. Of course it is a little early for a reliable forecast. I usually wait till they say “this is what it was yesterday“ before I believe it.

tight lines

81 - 100 of 110 Posts