Fishing Hot Spots Pro / South

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by savage308, Mar 28, 2007.

1. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Does anyone have this map program? Is it worth buying in your opinion?

I am in the process of researching which map program might be best for my Lowrance LCX-17 and for my local lake here in texas, Coleto Creek Resevoir. Unfortunately the sites won't let you look at a particular lake before purchasing. Any info would be helpful.

2. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    IMO - if it has your lake(s), it is worth it. Of course, this depends on how/if it is used properly. A good way to see it before you buy it, if you can get to a Bass Pro or Cabela's or something similar that sells it AND has GPS/Sonars on display, they should have a "demo" card they can plug in. Even if the demo card does not have "your" lake, you can see the detail or lack of detail.
    Also, if your system is compatible, buy the most up-to-date card you can for either the Lowrance's or Navionics chips ... they are different in what they show. In general, Navioncs shows more detailed contour lines (depth changes), the HD maps have one foot contour lines. :eek:oooh:
    Lowrance has more of other types of structure color coded on the map (timber, submerged ponds, rock piles, humps, etc.).
    Can't really recommend one over the over, really depends on what you are going to use it for and what details you like to see, etc. Oh, also if you do not have one, go to a best buy or wal mart or something and get a card reader with some blank cards (512K), you can download free upgrades and improved map versions from their websites. Good luck.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Buy the Navionics HotMaps Premium data card for your area.

Far more lakes, far better detail and generally a much better value for the money.

4. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Thank you both for your response. Reps to ya...

Does anyone have the Navionics hotmaps and would you mind looking at Coleto Creek Resoivor in South Texas, let me know how it looks. If there is a way to get a pic or two, please pm me with the info.

Thanks,
    Shelby

5. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    If you want to see what it looks like just call navionics up on the phone. They will be more then happy to email you pictures of what that water looks like. Have done this my self.