Fishing help this weekend

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by carpetman, Mar 19, 2008.

1. carpetman

carpetman New Member

State:
    illinois
    I am looking to go fishing this weekend somewhere near Alton and I need any info I can get on where the best places are. I will be bankfishing and will prolly have a couple of the kids with me, any help will be appreciated. Also if you have any other spots, please make any suggestions, just didn't want to drive all day..

2. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    Mississippi is pretty high right now! You might have trouble finding a bank spot around Alton.

3. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Drove by the arch on my way to the airport today.. there was no brick where cars used to park down there.

4. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Try W. Alton there should be somewhere to fish over there?? u could go down to the Lewis & Clark site at the Hardford cannal??

5. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    THE RIVER IS UP AND HATE TO SAY THAT ALL THE SHORE FISHING SPOTS ARE UNDERWATER.

6. divulsionbob

divulsionbob New Member

State:
    illinois
    i wounder about carlyle . i was there two weeks ago and was way over. can only imagine. iam going in the morning. ill be somewere on the shore. might even try some fishing near the damn,. but i tend to stay farther down towards the old river by the bridge.

7. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    Got a buddy at carlyle they were catching a few down by the foot bridge and on the east side near the old river channel mid week.

8. divulsionbob

divulsionbob New Member

State:
    illinois
    yeah iam leaving my house now. hahaha
    but last time i was there two weeks ago. the park right there was flooded. had it blocked off. so iam hopeing that the water level went down. lol yeah right. i drive a greenish /blue gmc safari. i have long black hair like a hippie. so if you see me anywere just stop by and say you the dude from catfish 1. have a great weekend

9. eogden

eogden New Member

State:
    Carlinville Illinois
    Carpetman,

Drive up to Beaver Dam State park. Its about 25 north of Alton and is a perfect place to take kids with bank fishing all the way around the lake. Cats, bluegill, crappie & bass. This lake has areators in it that run all winter so the fish are generaly in good condition in the spring. Also is a shallow lake that warms up fairly quick.

10. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Welcome Eric! Good to have more Ilini fishermen