Fishing guides on the james river

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by eric2006, Sep 10, 2009.

1. eric2006

eric2006 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I seen that there are several fishing guides on the james river and i've heard that the james river holds some very good catfishing. So I have been wanting to plan a trip with one of them.
    Anybody went on one of these guides and if so was it well worth it??
    Thanks...

2. mhedrick82

mhedrick82 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    If you want to go after big fish then I suggest Capt. Hugh Self. I have fished with Capt. Self several times and i'll say that he knows catfishing. You can learn alot from going with him so if you want a good trip then give him a call.

Here's his website:

http://www.hughscatfishing.com/index.html

3. mikeozo

mikeozo New Member

State:
    PA
    I have been with Chris Eberwein 2 times, days total this year and going back the 2 days after thanks giving and then again 2 days after Christmas. Awesome trip everytime. In 4 days of fishing we have caught a bunch of 20's and 30's..several 40+ pounders and a 55 and a 57 pounder.

If you want to PM me I can give you all the details including where to stay and where not to stay, things to do, etc.

I am hooked on that place and I will guarantee you nobody fishes that river better than Chris Eberwein. I think he also offers you half your money back if you don't catch a citation (30 pound +) Blue cat so that tells you he is serious bout catchin the big ones.

4. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    www.catfishingva.com have not went myself yet but know several that have and nothing but great stories from all.