Fishing gloves

Discussion in 'Fishing Clothing Review' started by Phil Washburn, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    haven't seen anything on here about them.
    my brother likes to wear some craftsman mechanics gloves when running jug and trot lines. i liked the idea, but those gloves get wet and uncomfortable quickly.

have a friend that has some fishing gloves his wife bought at wally-world for him...sort of a spur of the moment thing. when i started running jug lines with my brother and his buddy a few weeks ago, i decided to look into it. anyone that has ever run lines is aware of the potential for injury to ones hands and forearms. catfish and hooks with weight is gonna get ya sooner or later.

i went to wally-world and looked at theirs. the mechanics gloves, at 20$ a pair, were not what i wanted. i bought a pair of Renegade Pro Series gloves at wal-mart for 12 bucks. these gloves are great. you can fold the thumb and index finger tips back thanks to a couple of strategically placed pieces of velcro. they are impervious to water and you can handle catfish and jug/trot lines with ease. you can also bait hooks easily thanks to being able to expose you fingertips.

i am wearing them in my avatar. i highly recommend them if you want protection on your hands.

Attached Files:

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    a couple more pics...they also have a velcro strap that you can wrap around your wrist to help keep them on....these are some pretty decent gloves

Attached Files:

3. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    I use those gloves too. There great when the temp. gets cold and easy to cast with the fingers folded back

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Phil for reporting on these gloves. I like the looks of them and will have to buy a pair. Much appreciated.:cool2::smile2:

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    They sure do help with the warm and dry part when it gets ugly out.

6. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    are they a "one size fits all" or come in different sizes? thanks for the report I have been looking and tried a couple different types but either slip around when wet or just don't fit right? ya know....Thanks

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    What department did you find them in?

8. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    don't know Randy, if there are different sizes....these were the last pair i found, and they weren't hanging up...someone had tossed them on top of some floats

9. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
  10. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Thanks for the info Phil. I will haul my fat butt to Wally World and see if I can find some.
    Bill