Fishing Gloves

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Sandy Meador, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Sandy Meador

Sandy Meador New Member

State:
    VA
    What kind of gloves does everyone use? I bought 2 pair of the gloves Walmart sells - white w/a blue rubber coating on the front of the hand and fingers. I like them and use them but I had problems w/the rubber "melting" and the fingers sticking together if I leave them in my boat. I don't want to have to keep them in the house - they stink!

Are there any better ones out there?

2. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

I dont use any, I go bare fisted..LOL

3. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I use a pair of mechanics gloves. They give me a little dexterity and still keep the cats from taking my hide. I soak them in a 5-gallon bucket with a capfull of bleach along with my fish cleaning stuff, stringer, etc. Been working pretty well for me when I can remember to put them on before trying to handle the fish.

4. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    i use lindy fish handeling gloves

they work great u can take a knife across the black part and it will not cut u

but i dont use a net when i fish....

i just reach down and grab the fish with my hand in its mouth

and i AM GLAD U USE THE GLOVES cause i would have NO SKIN LEFT ON MY HANDS if i didnt

cause usually when i grab them they TWIST and shake and what not and it HURTs a little through the glove(from the bite force(on the 20 and up lb fish) they are nice though

u use what ever u want

Jeff

5. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    i also use mechanics gloves. they seem to last very well and are very flexible. only about $20 at most automotive stores.

6. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    i use to use a pair of those machanics gloves but always fumbled around trying to put em on...to tight fitting for me and i bought the biggest size they had...i now use them cattle hide work gloves,i can slip em on fast,but id suggest getting a size or 2 larger than your actual size because they will shrink. i use to not wear gloves but a 50# blue tought me a lesson,hands looked like they went through a meat grinder.

7. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    The mechanics gloves I have are not at all hard to get on and I have fairly large hands. i got them at Lowes and they have a velcro strap that tightens them up.

8. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have always used a pair of neoprene gloves that I had originally bought for bow hunting. They have the tacky rubber in the palms and fingers which allows for a good grip. They are also water proof so they work good in the cold. You just have to wash them every now and then.

9. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    hey ryan thats a good idea about the neoprene gloves. even when they get wet they are still warm just like a wet suit. same material. plus they float. never thought about them. thanks for the idea.

10. MississippiJugHead

MississippiJugHead New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I also have the WalMart gloves and I am pretty happy with them. I did notice today however the same exact type gloves on sale at Home Depot priced 3 pair/$5. That is way cheaper than the WalMart "fishing glove" price.

11. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    I've got a pair of Offshore Anglers gloves from BPS... They are dotted with the grip rubber on the palm side so they can hold slippery things better and then since they don't have any on the back they are pretty free for you hand for what ever moving you want to do... I want to say i got mine for $3... but i don't remember

12. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Neoprene gloves from Walmart work great for me when I use them... I also use these for hunting as they keep the heat inside.... The rubber on the hands keep a grip on them slick fish..... I've had mine so long I don't remember how much they cost but I think they were under $20.

13. Winkstr

Winkstr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I use a older pair of leather winter gloves. works for me!

14. beagle1963

beagle1963 New Member

State:
    Texas
    The Wal-Mart gloves work great for me, except when I used them to put Danny King on the hook. A friend told me they are like the gloves to work fiberglass with.