Fishing Gear for Christmas!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TOPS, Dec 18, 2005.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    How many members would like fishing gear for Christmas? I usually get a $25:00 gift card from my father-in-law. Will be spent on hooks, swivels and such!! :D :D

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Top, I use to get my dad a new rod and reel or some kind of fishing equiptment ever year for christmas. He would allways laugh cause he knew who was gonna be useing it the most...... :D

3. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    All I asked for this year was cabela's gift cards. I want some more new stuff for My boat project.

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I'm getting all kind's of great fishing stuff.....I'm getting a penn 320 gti for $30.... :D That was a gift to myself.... :D Also getting some surprise fishing stuff from my dad and my dad's getting some surprise stuff from me. I'm getting him some penn 109 reels, and a custom built fishing rod. :)

5. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    My wife and I typically...and this year is no different...buy all the kids their christmas...and then get gifts for each other after the first of the year. (After we catch up the bills that we let slide right before christmas.) I say we give gifts...but we each get $400 apiece out of the bank and get whatever we want. The best gifts are the ones you pick out yourself...lol. :D

This year I think I'm going to get myself an ultra lite Mitchell Gold ultralite reel and an IM8 9' UL crappie rod, two Catmaxx 8' MH rods to replace a couple of my aging bluecat rods....along with a few jigheads and rattle traps for whitebass/wiper, a few packs of Senkos and Yum Dingers and some Owner 5/0 worm hooks for large and smallmouth bass, some crappie lures, some short shank and floating jigheads for walleye, and then the rest on terminal tackle...circle hooks, treble hooks, barrel swivels, floats, various different types of sinkers, ect. Whats left over hopefully will buy my fishing/hunting combo license, trout stamp, and third rod permit.
    I had planned to get a water trough and an aereator to hold my bait in...along with a new flathead rig, a lead furnace and a couple of sinker molds, and a few bulk line packs...but I believe I'll hold off and get that stuff when we split the income tax return in Feburary and for my birthday in April.

6. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    usaully every year my wife and I will spend X amount on eachother,and we will usaully buy ourselves 1 thing to wrap up and put under the tree lol,this year my gift to myself was a reel and my wife bought herselve a saprano TV show box set...im pretty sure she bought me some fishing stuff too.actually i know she did lol i accidently found where she hid my presents while looking for a spot to hide hers :eek: lol,i didnt go snooping threw them but i seen a tackle box and a lantern lol

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Likely story.....LOL..... :p :D

8. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    I used to do recon missions all the time when I was a kid close to Christmas. :p I also was a master at removing scotch tape without tearing the gift wrapping too. All you had to do was boil some water on the stove and use the steam, or plug in the old room humidifier we used to have and moisten up the tape. I Never did get caught...lol.
    Just the other day...my 5 year old said she "accidentally" ripped a hole in the wrapping on one of her presents under the tree. I just thought to myself..."Ahhh young grasshopper....you have much to learn". :D

9. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Ahhh.....Thank's for the idea, I think I'll just "Loosen" up some tape......Now where's that humidifier...... :eek: :D :D LOL

10. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    I've done put a penn 209 to use that i've got for christmas. :p I coulda bought another one with the what i paid to get it spooled with line. :eek: We usually just buy ourselves what we been wanting and put them to good use. I'm almost certain theres a 7000 under tha tree somewhere. I can smell the reel lube. :wub:

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I got to much stuff now, but a little more wont hurt! :D

12. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    A little more yeah right.... :glare: ...LOL :D :p

13. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I'll be happy, if I get some new hooks for my Trot lines...lol

14. Flyingpig

Flyingpig New Member

State:
    Lakewood, Illinois
    Went to the Catfish Connection the other day and my wife picked up my Christmas.
    I know she got me three reels and a new rod. (had to inspect the merchandise you know).
    We spent enough that with the Christmas special they have going on, they threw in an Ol' Whiskers rod and a Shakespeare reel.
    Only bad thing is, she won't let me have any of it till Christmas.:sad:

15. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    I'm wishing for a Penn 310 gti, and a 7 ft Ugly Stik. Along with this I need a new tackle box and some decent hooks. Of course, me and hubby usually don't exchange, but this year we might have the extra few dollars needed. :)