Fishing game is ready!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catman529, Feb 3, 2007.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Several of you were interested in playing my JavaScript-powered fishing game. The beta version is ready and I am ready to get bug reports!!

Here is the link:
    http://www.solar-balloons.com/catman/pro_fishing/beta/

It should work in Internet Explorer and Firefox. Please report any bugs you find in this thread and I will add it to my list of bugs. Please don't PM me any reports, as I would like to save my PM space for other messages.

One more thing, it is best viewed in 1024 x 768 or higher screen resolution.

Have fun everyone....

2. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    this game is sweet but one problem is that it always says hookset wheather that is normal or what.one more thing if you can put some more spots in, i realy want to fish the mud cat river. other that that its grrrrrrrrate.thanks for all your hard work.

3. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well, that was the best fishin' I've done in forever. Caught a fish on every cast. I don't know if it would be considered a bug or not, but I caught a 10# catfish before the line was cast. Fun game though. My biggest channel was 15#. Caught some huge drum too. Good job catman529!

4. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Catching a fish before the line hits the water is something I plan to fix soon. I realized it would take some extra time to re-write the script for each location and level. What I will do is set a timer so a fish can't bite until 2 seconds after you click.

5. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Are you kidding me? This is way better fishing than whats in Nebraska!:lol:
    Fun game and reps to ya!

6. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    LOL! Pretty clever! One real big problem though..

Got a livewell full of fish but can't eat a one!! Need to work on that!! LOL!

Thanks!
    22lb 15oz Blue threadfin dam

7. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    liquidsteel isiint kidding eather:eek:oooh:

8. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Great game Catman thanks for sharing!! The only problem I could find was if I lost a fish in Firefox I had to click the popup box a bunch of times to get it to go away. I did not have this problem when running it in IE.

9. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    awesome game. ill be playin this to pass time until the weather warms up:big_smile: but one thing, everytime i cought a largemouth it was 3 pounds 10 oz could have just been the odds instead of a bug but its no big deal cuz right now i got 5 channels 3 bullheads and 2 flatheads in my livewell:big_smile:

10. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    Thanks catman, wish all the fishing was that good, what is the biggest you have programmed into the game? I got a 25.8 lbs blue cat it was a lot of fun closest I'll get to fishing for a while rep's to ya :big_smile:

11. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    11.0; 6.6; 24.14; 25.4; 16.6; 18.7; 23.8; 20.13; 23.11. all flatheads, must have got into some stucture whatd ya think? :big_smile:

12. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    25lbs is the biggest because of the line test. in the next version there will be 2 or 3 line options and if the fish is heavier than the line, it will break.
    thank you for serving our country

13. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Great game brother! i love it i didnt get to play too much yet but i will when i get home tonite!

14. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Man I would be the only one to catch a turtle. lol

15. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Jon I haven't played your game yet but if you do like you said and 25 is the biggest fish, or line test you should definately make it so one guy outta 30 or 50 can catch a 30 to 50 lber on 25lb test. It could happen out on the river if all things come together. So why not in the virtual world?
    Sorta gives you something to shoot for.

16. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    This is the coolest game ive ever played, except for driver 3, also, where do you find the blue catfish i fished what looked like a dam, but all i could find was a 22lb stripper.

17. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Still trying it out looks good

18. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    if you are using a shiner, the blue cats are there. glad you like the game.:cool2:

19. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I checked that out and you're right. When I was still making the game I don't recall having this problem, but maybe I never even tried losing a fish in Firefox before.

I guess Firefox is getting mad at you for losing a fish.:tounge_out: