FISHING FROM A BOAT

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by catman-j, Jan 29, 2009.

1. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    I thought this was an interesting method of getting your bait right where you want it. It was taught at a fishing seminar at a recent outdoor show. Buy a small remote control toy boat. While fishing from a boat or the bank bait your hook then set your bait in the toy boat and drive the boat to where you want the bait and twitch your rod to pull the bait out of the toy boat so it will sink in the water. Return the toy boat to where you are and wait for the fish to bite.:eek:oooh:

2. petersoutcats

petersoutcats New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sounds like a good idea.
    I suppose this is for out of reach casting distances , or really tough structure areas?

3. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    That would be allright except for the cost of the rc boat, the other option would be start your casting pratice, I am learning to cast a baitcaster better, practice practice , perfect practice:smile2:

4. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    I was thinking along the lines of shore lines where tree limbs hang over the water.

5. Vekta

Vekta New Member

State:
    CA
    It's an interesting idea. If that little boat is out there while another fishing boat drives by, the passing wake from the other boat might sink it. It could get stuck under those tree limps to. I don't know about that one.

6. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    gey several batteries those toy boats dont do good pulling sinkers and bait the batterys run down in a hurry.

7. oklahoma caveman

oklahoma caveman New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i have heaard of ppl using this technique when fishing tailwaters for striper. i believe that it has since been outlawed in tailwaters due to the fear of terroristic activities

8. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    Or a squirrel might want to go water skiing.:smile2:

9. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    lol lmao i reckon that will work.but im poor i usally just have my wife swim out to where i want my bait and drop it off then swim back.works good for me

10. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    thats interesting like to see the boat in action

11. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    LOL Richard. Does she have a sister?:smile2: