Fishing Friday 11/28/08

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by river1214rat, Nov 27, 2008.

1. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    First of all...HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!! :wink:
    Anybody going fishing tomorrow at the Falls of the Ohio??? I am going with a friend early am to fish for sauger from the bank. Any tips on doing this wil be greatly appreciated as I want to catch more than he does :tounge_out:
    Am I competitive...no, how did you guess. I would rather be at Otter Creek chasing the "Big Blue", but sometimes I have to give in and be nice. Can you catch cats from the bank??
    Help me please...
    A Sister In Need :roll_eyes:

Linda

EVERYBODY BE SAFE AND CAREFUL THIS WEEK-END

2. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I always have wanted to fish for sauger but i don't know much about the ins and outs of it. I would think cats can be caught still there.I talked with those bank fishermen when i was up that way and it seems it was a good way to fish. There were always more people fishing from the bank then in boats. Let the brothers know what you catch. :006:

3. Big-Blue

Big-Blue New Member

State:
    Louisville,KY
    I might be going there 2morrow. I caught most of my sauger on a silver crank bait last year in shallow water. good luck

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Linda, good luck fishing I know you are excited. I will finally get out on Monday myself

5. Ruger 454

Ruger 454 Member

State:
    LaGrange Kentucky
    Hey Linda good luck at the falls,try using 1/4-3/8 oz.jig head in white or green with a 3 in.curly tail grub.White or pink grubs worked very well for me last spring and fall,give us a report when you get back.

6. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    The river should be on a slight rise there tomorrow and the fishing should be good. Tip your jigs with nightcrawlers and that will help the sauger bite. Good luck to you.

7. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    You would think it was the night before Xmas I am soooo excited about going fishing. Thanks guys for the tips; I have everything ready; just need to get to bed so morning will come quicker.

Linda

8. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

Well Linda, how did the fishing go? We would love to hear from you

9. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Went to the Falls bright and early; stayed until about 1:00 pm, caught nothing... There were a lot of folks fishing both on the bank and from boats and did not see any activity anywhere. Oh well, beautiful day and the fossil beds are really awesome. Sue would have been nice to have caught a sauger or two ( or 3 or 4)...

Linda

PS..may not have caught anything, but still better than going to the stores for Freaky Friday or Black Friday or whatever they call it..

10. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Oh well there always next time try useing a jig tiped with a minnow thats what our weekly fishing report says for this week

11. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on getting out on the water Linda, we will be praying for you to get another chance soon

12. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I went fishing with skipjack to Madison. We caught 6 Hybrid that we throwed back & a skipjack that was used for bait. I caught a 12#, 32"
    Cat on the first hit. You can look at the photo on my profile under
    Northern Pike album.

13. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    thanks for the update Dave!!