Fishing Forecast

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by centexcop, Dec 11, 2008.

1. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    For those that look at the barometric pressure for more active fishing times, here's something that might help.

1st. if you don't have a barometer, go to http://www.wunderground.com and type in your zip code in the top of the page, toward the left side. It will bring up a weather station closest to you and will show the barometric pressure. It updates itself every few seconds so you can keep an eye on it.

2nd. I found a fishing forecast site that does two things. It gives you the overall fishing for the day and then gives the best times for that day. I haven't been enough at the times it says are good, but it might be worth a try if for amusement purposes only. go to "epro fishing" and type in your zip zode and it will bring up a two day forecast. http://www.eprofishing.com/epf/page.asp

2. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    thks some times i try the barro tech never any luck i will keep that sight in mind thks

3. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Yeah, I know what you mean... I've watched the barometer and told my wife that i'm going, that it's the perfect time..... and not even get a bite.

4. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I will give it a try, Thanks

5. billyum2

billyum2 New Member

State:
    Topeka,ks
    Thanks for the links/info

I have also tried the barometer and times method of fishing and it Seems to not work for me .

The old farmers almanac is good for weather and such also.

I am a fair weather type of person and just go fishing when time permits . I feel that catching fish is mostly dependant on bait type,placement and ..:big_smile:..LUCK.

6. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I also look at it a lot but for cats I haven't had any luck using it. Now for Stripers it really works for sure , I also think it affects shad and herring to a point .

Thanks for the link I will check it out.