Fishing for icecubes:

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Jan 27, 2008.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Went to town yesterday to go to a Legion Fishfry. I rarely go to town, but while there I went to a little dam on the Maquoketa River that goes by town.

Took some picture of the dam and a guy fishing. I saw him catch three ice cubes and lose 3 toes to frostbite.

We will see if the pictures come in.

(1835)

2. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    looks way to cold for me buuuuuuuur !!!

3. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Man I got cold just looking at those pictures...lol

4. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    that looks entirely too cold, id have a nice fire going and then maybee lol, but im still a warm waether guy, thanks for the pics

5. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I particularly like the first shot. It has a "blueness" to it. The lone man standing there fishing, looks like he picked out a good spot. Bet he doesn't have to worry about snakes. I hope he caught a bigun.

6. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Now thats what im talking about if the fish are bite'n i dont care how cold it is im there.

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I dont know what crime you committed and dont want to know but one thing I do know. You got the hanging judge.

8. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    MarkJ: LOL! That sealed the deal. The wax is hot and the courier is on his way. I have decided in only the manner I can, drool coming out the corner mouth, that you and Mossydade will be the ones I ask my MDCCXC question of.

I will give you each the same question, ask you not to kibitz amongst yourself and return to me "Return Receipt Requested" your answers. I will not divulge your curse words, nor your answer. Should I give you my personal e-mail so it won't break the servers filtration mechanism?

I am totally in humble regard of both your opinions. None of my smart mouth talk there. That is straight Bohme stuff recited on my Mothers half dozen bibles.

That guy fishing yesterday had to be a member of this forum. Who in the He$$ else would be out there?

John. (MDCCXXVI)

9. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Ice is Mother Nature's way of saying, "Fishing season is closed until spring."

10. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    After Eyeballin them Pictures for a little bit John and puttin My old Bohme mind to work(that is the part that the Whiskey aint Killed) That Fisher Person has to be one of them Bass Fellas.Thems the only ones I know that fishes them Iceburgs.Poor Soul we need to get hin into Rehab.LOL J.D.:wink:

11. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    postbeetle,
    #1 them pictures made my feet cold.LOL

#2,,, I don't know what the #number# thing is all about but I"m setting here patiently thinking and waiting. LOL

12. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Both being Bohemes Mr Straka, we know the rest of the world lacks certain things, like brains.

That man either had a vicious fight with his wife and he had to get out of the house, or it was somebody from Alabama up here for vacation.

Where that man is fishing, even in the summer is good only for an occasional crappie, black bullheads, snake walleye and fiddler channels. THEY AIN"T EVEN ANY BASS there. Behind him about 150 yards there are some rocks where if you are lucky, not good, just lucky you might catch a reasonable smallmouth.

So JD if my wife threw me out the house the first place I would head for is the beer joint, and if I was from Alabama I would go to Mississippi for my vacation.

He has to be a BOC member. I thought I saw a beard on the guy.

John.

(MDCCXXVIII)

13. gonecatn

gonecatn New Member

State:
    arizona
    It's funny you should say that. Breaking up with my girlfriend was what really got me into fishing. I called it therapy, but if that's what it took to get me fishing then it works for me. Met my best friend there 30 years ago and and we're still best friends. Did a lot of fishing by myself and have some great stories to tell about that time in my life.

Yup, having to break the ice from the eyelets of my fishing pole to free it up even happens in the desert, but you can have the snow, I'll take the river tho, I envy anyone that has water like that so close.

14. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Postbeetle. I was looking at those pictures. The first thing that struck me was how cold it must be up there yet, and that this fellow must REALLY love the sport of fishing...especially when there ain't much to be caught but ice cubes. Brrrrr. Not me!

There is always more than initially meets the eye in every photo. Occasionally, I have an eye for detail. This was one of those occasions, and I took the liberty to blow up the areas that caught my eye. You may find the answers to your curiosity. It's kinda hard to see, but I think you will find this interesting, and possibly quite disturbing.

Attached Files:

15. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I cant say much against that fella.
    Beofre I got a little wise with a little age on my bones I found myself winning a bass tournament with 8 inches of snow on the ground and a hammer beating the ice off a boat ramp.
    I was out there all day suffering with the onset of frostbite and hating fishing.

The tournament was called in progress at 9AM only nobody hunted me down to tell me. I fished til 4 and came in to an empty parking lot. I won by default.
    I earned every penny of it.

16. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    MarkJ, I liked your story. Just think, you could have been setting in the bar with me.

When I titled this story I thought it appropriate. As the thread progressed I started thinking about that hardy soul. Now I know he got thrown out the house. As I said, I would have headed for the beer joint and warmed a stool.

I would have had scotch on the rocks. When I got tapped out and down to my last sip I would have asked the bartender for a spoon. I would have then "Fished for ice cubes" with the spoon, licking all the goodies off and not miss any. I would then have waited for the cubes to melt and finish the glass. Then I would have asked for the bar rag and sucked on that. Then I don't know what I would have done. Couldn't go home. Might have gone fishing.

John.

(1733)

17. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

Ya coulda finished the entire adventure with one of them "BIG MINTS" they have in the mens room.LOL!

18. catfeveriowa

catfeveriowa New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs Iowa
    I'am with JD after eyeballin them pictures he's got to be one of them Bass Fellas cause I (think) :confused2: he's shootin them Bass.