Fishing for cats in a creek.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by tomcat85, Sep 17, 2006.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    so ive been fishing this creek called muddy creek a lot lately. i was wondering how to find the catfish. where should i look? i know there are more than one catfish in this creek. should i cast into the middle of the stream where theres a decent current and let it set? will a catfish find it sitting this way? or should i cast onto the other side of the creek where the current isnt as strong? any tips would be a big help brothers! thank you!

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

walk the creek and look for spots where the water has dug out an undercut in the bank. Are deep spots in the creek bed. Rip rap. in the bends of the creek where the water isn't running as fast. small coves in the bank are a good spot also. these are a few places to try out I hope I have helped you some.

3. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    definately helped thank you! so its better to move around?

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I wouldn't say moving around is better, but it does help catch actively feeding fish. If you find a few good spots that hold fish, they will most likely hold fish all the time, unless the fishing pressure is high. I believe that in "small" water the bigger fish defend the prime spots and when they leave, by choice are on the hook, another fish will take it place shortly.

5. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Just ask,Benji. The man knows catfishing. Never been skunked. I know because he told me so. :smile2:

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Nope, I said I haven't been skunked at Jordan Lake, yet

7. TonyJr

TonyJr New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Find the deep holes or any eddys that there may be.