Fishing fever

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by TennesseeJugger, Nov 11, 2009.

1. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Well boys it is Wed. and I am chomping at the bit to get back out on the lake saturday night. My brother is sending me a better digital video camera with night vision. So hopefully I can provide you with a better jugfishing video. We will be going back out to Old Hickory again and welcome all who would like to attend, just bring your boats and jugs or what ever you fish with.

2. festus

festus New Member

I'm looking forward to seeing the video, Don. The weather is looking good for the weekend. I went fishing 5 days in a row last week, but none yet this week. Looks like I'll probably head down to Melton Hill Dam tomorrow or Friday (or both days?)

3. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    i'm right there with you, i fished monday and I'm ready to go.:0a18:

4. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    I like the videos. Im going friday afternoon...Itchin to go.

5. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I will be doing a fishing tournament for Mt. Juliet Catfishclub this Saturday..Were expecting to have about 20 or so 6th-7th grade kids..I have to give a speech and do a lil seminar type deal..Hopefully someone will catch a big one..Probably won't have much time to do any actual fishing but its all worth it to teach these kids about catfishing..

6. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    :sad2:i aint in tenn. but my fever is 110 degrees. i have been halusinating. all i can see is my pole bending double. i got it perty bad down in south ga.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  7. k_ro_jr

k_ro_jr New Member

State:
    Carthage, Tn
    Hey fellers, it's been a while since I have posted anything here, been busy! Jugger I see you have a nice rockfish at cordell hull, I live in Carthage and fish there very regularly, but I don't think I have ever seen you there. I had a lot of good luck there in Aug. but the last couple of months I haven't been able to fish very much because of going to college. I love to jug fish also, but I always go in the summer, I didn't realize cold weather was a good time to jug fish????

8. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    I have caught some of my biggest fish since the weather has gotten cooler, I fish out of Old Hickory in Lebanon, I go to Cordell Hull to catch skipjack for bait. But I always take my big rig for the Rockfish. I caught this one in late Oct. 32 pounder.

9. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS

did you mean ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPueR6rkkX4 ? :eek:oooh::wink:

10. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
  11. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Man Wished I could be there to help ya, got a pre-season wrestling tourny in Tullahoma Sat.

12. k_ro_jr

k_ro_jr New Member

State:
    Carthage, Tn
    Hey Jugger, I grew up fishing old hickory. I lived on cooks rd and fished at the end of the road all the time. That would be the cove side of the bridge at davis corner. I still fish old hickory. The last time a fished it I put in at Tyree access and did some jug fishing in the cove behind Camp Boxwell.

13. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    That is my neck of the woods, I always put in at Davis corner.

14. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Did ya do any good at Boxwell?

15. festus

festus New Member

16. k_ro_jr

k_ro_jr New Member

State:
    Carthage, Tn
    Well that trip was one I will never forget. To start with about 15 min after putting in the water pump went out on the motor. Fortunately when it happened we were right in front of the cove. It was me and my daddy and I was determined to fish. So we used the trolling motor to get back in the cove, we put out our jugs and began to fish with our poles further out toward the entrance. We checked the jugs and rebaited them, think we got 2 cats then. We went back to fishing and around midnight mayflies started coming in and was covering everthing in the boat including us. Shortly afterwards we could here fish jumping and splashing. Then I got to seeing fish role on top of the water and in just a few minutes we were surrounded with fish coming to top of water and eating the may flies. It was like a feeding in a farm pond, there were hundreds of catfish all of the sudden surrounding us. I was, "so to speak" freaking out. So went to just a bare hook baiting with about 5 may flies with no wait, and my daddy followed suit. We wound up with about 5 fish in 10 min, but the may flies left and so did the fish? We fished for probably 4 hrs until that point and hadn't caught anything!! All together we wound up with about 7 fish and I caught the biggest logger head on a creek minnow, on a jug. Bout big as a wash tub. Our batteries went dead on our trip back to the boat ramp, I wound up falling in the water trying to get a l.e.d head light that was dropped in the water, and I lost my cell phone in the process. We finally made it to the ramp around 7:30, what a trip!!! I think the both of us will never forget that trip!!!! That why you should go fishing, you never know what's gonna happen!!!!