Fishing fact or foe?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by catfishinfordman, Mar 21, 2006.

1. catfishinfordman

catfishinfordman New Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, O
    Ok we all remember hearing storys about the best time and the only good times to fish. Lets here some of yours

Heres mine I heard the the fish olnly bite if the wind is not comeing from the north.

Another one is if the cows are feeding the fish are feeding.

Tell me fact or foe

2. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Winds from the East fishing is at it’s least, winds from the west fishing is at it’s best.

3. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    baitfish(jim)got to agree with you on this one.As I set here on this machine the cats are probably bitting like crazy.Course I could get my gear and head for the lake,but why ruin some other guys fishing trip.

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    to me the absolute best time is when the barometor is between 29.95-30.05 and rising and the day of, or 2 days before a full or new moon. those are the days/nights that dreams are made of. unfortunately those conditions are rare, i only come across them maybe twice a year. wind is sometimes a good indicator since 75% of the time it reflects the barometric pressure or vice versa. its that other 25% of the time that will have you bitching "come on now! its blowing from the west, why arent they biting?"

5. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    The best time to go fishing is anytime.

6. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    :) It has been my expeirence that the best days a guy can go fishing are the one's that end with the letter "Y".;)

7. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    i never realy pay attention to anything such as that. im sure it might have something to do with it. but as i have posted before ducain and i fish 3 to 4 days a week starting from may to october. and only got skunked 2 times last year.

8. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    From years of study and tabulating figures, times, pressures, wind direction, moon phases and the such it is my opinionated opinion that YESTERDAY is the best day to fish. Regardless when I go I always meet someone who tells me I should of been here.... you got it, Yesterday.

9. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Bill, you got it! :) It never fails, if I go somewhere for the first time, "Oh you shoulda been here yesterday!" Where're they bitin'? "Oh just anywhere." What are they bitin' on? "Oh just anything."

I'd still rather sit out there and catch nothing than sit in here!:grin-big:

10. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Have to agree with "Yesterday" and it even ends in Y.A close second however is last week!:confused: As in you should have been here last week!:sad: My favorite is to ask a guide;"How did you do yesterday" answer "Absolutely killed em including a 50 lb flat and a 48 Blue".That is a guarantee that your success rate will be measured in "Ounces" not lbs if it can be measured.:rolleyes: :) Keep fishing though your turn will come.:cool:

11. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Best time to go fishing is any time. I hear if there is no surface move meant. fish won't bite. The worst day of fishing is better than your best day at work.

12. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    I try to go with the moon phase thing,but anytime works fer me!:evil-big:

13. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    any time is fine with me. I have also heard the north, south, east, west thing, but it doesn't matter as long as I can go. Nice to catch fish for sure, but like going out there anyway.

14. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Well if you are standing on the beach in NC fishing with a wind out of the north you just want to be able to say you fished evidently.

Southwest wind has always been the wind to fish here.

15. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    I read somewhere, that all of nature reacts similarly to slight weather changes. The article said there will be times you will notice deer and ducks and birds and what not start feeding all of the sudden. It's at these times you can expect to get some action fishing. But this last as little as an hour. Also, the article said that cows are not in tune with nature, so don't rely on them.

16. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    I would have to say that any day is better to fish because I hate to work and love fish but have to work to to fish it is a vicous cycle were are in

17. brandon

brandon New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Just go ask the people working the bait stand you will learn yesterday they were really catching them. Look around the store then ask what "they" were catching them with you guessed it they will say that so in so was using "x" the answer given is usually what they have the most of or need to get rid of.
    You

18. brandon

brandon New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Just go ask the people working the bait stand you will learn yesterday they were really catching them. Look around the store then ask what "they" were catching them with you guessed it they will say that so in so was using "x" the answer given is usually what they have the most of or need to get rid of.
    You can catch fish everyday if you keep up with their movements and attitude.

19. rivrbunny

rivrbunny New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The March issue of Catfish Now magazine from ACATS has a great article from Bill Dance about "Cat Facts". I just received the March issue so when you receive yours be sure to check it out. Answers to questions on bait, hooks, location, etc.

Rivrbunny

20. catfishinfordman

catfishinfordman New Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, O
    I dont get that magizine:crying: