Fishing Equip. stolen

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catmanofohio, Apr 2, 2006.

1. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Can you believe people these days? Someone got into my garage and stole my fishing bag that had about 100.00 worth of stuff in it. If I ever catch anyone in my garage I will prolly loose my control and beat the snot out of them. I just cant get over it. Went to get it friday so I could leave to my uncles and go fishing on Sat. and it was gone! So my uncle, stepdad, and I looked every where for it, couldnt find. Then my uncle told me that my stepdad went out Sat. and bought me about 60-75.00 worth of stuff to replace it after I said that I didnt need it, cause my mom is needing a surgery

2. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I had 3 good rod and reels swipped out of my boat last year. It really sucks that people would steal stuff like that.
    The thing is that buggs me is that people take that kind of stuff and they don't really use it. True fisherman would hopefully never swipe another fishermans gear.

3. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    then someone who feels they can take what you worked so hard for, just because the opportuinty is there! I really feel for you, as I have had fishing gear and boating gear as well as just about everything else one time or another, ripped off by lowest scum of the earth! God will sort it out, one fine day!

4. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I say if we still had public floggings this stuff would lessen. I hate thieves. If you need something ask, I may just give it to ya. If you steal from me then I hope that the plagues of the old testament look like a trip to DisneyLand. I caught a burgler once. I still wish I would have shot him dead. He was a carreer criminal that had just turned 18. The police told me that his juvenile record was sealed and he was a first offender. He even stole guns. I recovered all my things and put the fear for the Ol Mighty in him. His biggest fear was meeting me again as the police told me that is what he said as he cried and confessed his sins to them..

5. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Mathew, I read what happened and I believe you. it's truly like Phil says, the scum of the earth ripped you off.

Nothing lower than perhaps an individual that would post he got ripped off just to take advantage of the donations of generous people.

It's happened.

You have a fine dad.

6. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    that sucks hope you find out who did it

7. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Thanks guys. Yes I hope I catch who did it also. Yeah he is good( my stepdad) but I wish he would have kept the money for my moms surgery instead of buying me fishing stuff. :(

8. MilwaukeeCatHunter

MilwaukeeCatHunter New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Kinda makes you want to leave your garage door open tonight and then lie in wait with a booby trap for the thugs to return. God knows the courts aren't going to take a strong stance on this. IF the thugs were caught, I bet ya all they would get would be a couple hundred dollar tickets for theft. Oh do I get pissed off about this stuff.

9. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    man that really sucks! i have been in your shoes a few times over the years as well, nothing like having you fishing gear stolen. if your garage isnt locked and secured i'd get it done soon. just because your not in a big city doesnt mean your safe from low-lifes. as a matter of fact the "good" theifs target small towns because of how laid back things are. i agree with the flogging, and might even support the Muslim punishment.....off with the hand! :mad:

10. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Dave I work with a 73 year old man, all he has ever done is electrical work. Anyway he has a place on the tennessee river but lives in memphis, he goes toup to the river on weekends. He riged his shed where if you open the door it will electrocute your butt. What will happen if someone breaks in and it kills them? We call him John wayne. LOL

11. MilwaukeeCatHunter

MilwaukeeCatHunter New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Ya...that's a valid concern. If his sole intent was just to rig up something to deter burglars...it might be considered some type of "endangering safety by reckless conduct crime." However, finding a district attorney to prosecute something like this would be difficult. (unless you get one that's trying to make a name for himself) The other concern would be injuring an innocent child or other bystander who might have a legitimate reason for trying to get in the shed. Yep...even the criminals got rights these days. You have to use "reasonable force" to defend life and property. Electrocuting someone might not be considered "reasonable."

12. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    If you find them laying there, throw them in the river, dang hard to prove where he was electocuted. One of my buds that lives in Bloomington, has a fake camera on the back wall of his garage that has a red light blinking like it's a real one. He leaves it open all the time now and nothing ever gets stolen. He had some things stolen before he did this. Radio Shack has these fake camera's and they aren't very expensive. Most crooks don't want to come in to see if they are real or not, seems they don't like movies of them in other peoples properties. Sorry you got ripped off. Is there anything that got ripped off that you need, maybe I have it just laying around here.

13. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Thanks Dick, thats very generous, but ill be alright. I will buy me some better stuff when i get me a job this summer. Rep points for you.

14. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    In my honest oppinion, anyone who would steal another mans fishing gear is lower than "Pond Scum".
    I think we should all do some investigating and find this guy and "Keel-hull" him on the USS Nimitz(Aircraft Carrier) which would be a fairly serious punishment , LOL!!! Then if he survives have him Drawn and quartered!!!

15. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Your welcome, Ohio.

Dread, anybody that steals anything from anybody, is scum but they know their lazy bu^^s will just get a slap on the wrist. Brake a finger, that would make them think about it or have a lot of broken joints, then they would just love arty.

16. catwacker

catwacker New Member

State:
    illinois
    i don't think you would find a sympathetic judge. too many fireman or police officers have been hurt or killed trying to SAVE someones property. the best bet would be the fake camera, or a secuity sticker. i depend on a big dog and good insurance when i'm not home, smith & wesson when i am.
    sorry you lost you stuff, and my prayers for your mom.
    catwacker

17. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    sorry you lost you stuff, and my prayers are with your mom.

18. redneck_oh_44833

redneck_oh_44833 New Member

State:
    Galion Ohio
    man i was in the same place last year. i left my tackle box in my boat in the driveway and someone stole it still trying to get my supplies back to close to were they were.

19. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Thanks Larry and Herbert. Sorry for all you other guys who lost ur stuff too. I just dont understand these people these a days. its a pitty.

20. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    sorry to hear about your gear. I cant stand a thief. Becareful if you do catch one you hurt them to much they will skate and you will do the time. been there done that.