Fishing during rain

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by maka, May 15, 2007.

1. maka

maka New Member

State:
    Ontario
    Do channels move in high water. It is pouring rain right now. My hole I was going to try tomorrow will probably be 2-3 ft higher by morning. Is this a good or bad time to fish for channels.

Small river maybe 40-60ft across and 8-12 ft deep

Thanks in advance.

maka

2. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    I have always found that channels hit good in small rivers on rising waters,cut bait is good bait

3. jigerjim

jigerjim New Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    When I see the N.B. Suskie on the rise I'm on my way. I dont know why it would be any different where you are (cut bait) would be the bait of choice.

4. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    if the river is rising, do u want to fish in the same locations that you normally do, or are there certain spots u'd want to focus on?

5. jigerjim

jigerjim New Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    I mostly fish the same spot all the time, high or dry, it just seems to get better when its comeing up. I've even got cat's at flood stage.

6. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    depending on the speed of the currents, the cats might be a little further out. if the current is pretty fast, fish behind current breaks. kick some tail, :lol:.

7. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    yep i agree when the wabash is risin we have good luck. i use shrimp and crawlers ....i also had luck fishin those shallow holes when the water comes up since it makes them deepr