Fishing down east on the Neuse river

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by CATFISHGARY1, Mar 21, 2008.

1. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    has anyone else been down on the neuse lately went down the other night caught twenty fish nothing over twenty one lbs. three on eels and the rest on shad ,the whites are in there strong ,seen over sixty caught down there in a few hours only caught a few had the wrong color spoons maybe tomorrow will be different

2. hoghandlernc1

hoghandlernc1 New Member

State:
    NC
    Where on the Neuse are you fishing, I havent been there in a couple months. I am fairly new to the area and have only had luck in one spot (off 301 in Smithfield). Any help will be greatly appreciated.

3. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    brother we fish from smithfield all the way to new bern and there is great fishing anywhere on that river if we can keep the limb liners from destroying her

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Thats one of the best things about fishing above Smithfield.
    No limb lines, no motor boats, and some great fishing.:big_smile:

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    thanks for the info congrats on the trip

6. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    your right you also get far enough from th eramps below smithfield you can do real good the best night i had was two years ago we caught eleven fish between #35-53 got some pics at the bait shop at smithfield ,all on live bream and eel

7. emptyhook

emptyhook New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey, gary whats going on? glad you found this site. good to see a familiar face. haven't been on the river in a while. you been on the neuse latley? maybe i'll see you out later this month. chris / emptyhook.:cool2:

8. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    hey man whats going on ,yes been going here lately been doing pretty good no monster cats in a while but still catching some.

9. jimbob3445

jimbob3445 New Member

State:
    New Bern, North Carolina
    anybody been fishing down around spring garden lately, want to try it this weekend, wondering if anybody has had any luck

10. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    went last sat.nite had one break off and nothing else on my boat did see one 56# flattie, think the cold front may have shut them down,if you go let us know how you do