Fishing Dover Tonight

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by TNBigCat, Jun 21, 2006.

1. TNBigCat

TNBigCat New Member

State:
    TN
    I'm going catfishing down around Dover, Dyers Creek and the Cumb. Anyone have any suggestions? I was fishing at Dover on Sunday after the rain passed from about 3pm to almost 9pm and the kids and I caught 4 cats that all weighted about 3-4 pounds. I will be all around in that area tonight and any suggestions would help. Thanks.

2. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nick, welcome to the BOC! I've never fished that area, but I believe there are a few that have, so stand by until someone can get some info. for you. There is alot of other info you can check out on the BOC while you wait for a reply. Enjoy yourself and good luck fishing!

3. TNBigCat

TNBigCat New Member

State:
    TN
    TNVOLCAT, thanks for the reply. I am taking some shrimp. chicken liver, and I will stop and get some big shinners. I am taking my son and I'm going to let him try and catch some skipjack and if he does I will cut them up and use them. I should be leaving Clarksville around 530pm and will hit the waters around 630ish or so.

4. TNBigCat

TNBigCat New Member

State:
    TN
    Well the kids and I hit the waters at 630pm as planned and stayed til a little after 9pm. After dealing with the kids and getting the "daddy will you bait my hook" and "I'm tangled again" we only caught one channel that weighed about 3 pounds. We had a good time and I'm sure had we stayed longer we would have caught more fish.

5. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nick, any fishing trip with the little ones is a good one even if you only catch 1 or 2. Glad you had a good, safe trip. Keep us posted on future fishing trips with the children and enjoy The Brotherhood of Catfishermen!

6. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Sounds like you all had a good time, Thanks for the report.

7. Tennfisher

Tennfisher New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    TNBigCat,
    When you take your kids fishing, you are catching something a heck of a lot more important than fish; I believe the times like these we spend with kids pay dividends for the rest of our lives.

Tennfisher