fishing Creek resivour?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by nevets91, Oct 1, 2009.

1. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    i fish Fishing creek quite often but for eater cats when i go. ive never caught anything big fishing there and never heard of anything big either.:confused2:

whats the biggest any of yall have caught out of there or heard of coming from there. im thinking of trying for a little bigger fish in there to see what kind of fish quality is really in there but figured i would ask so i would know what to expect.:wink:

2. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I also fish fishing creek some I have caught a few blues between 15 and 20lbs but mostly channels at the landing on 21 I was taken my boat out and the game warden was checking boats and he told me a guy before me had a 44lbs flathead so there must be some nice cats there

3. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Havent seen them personally cause its been many many moons ago since I fished that lake,but do know of one guy who fishes down there pretty regular and he has pulled in some 15-20 lb class Blues,I am sure there is probably some bigger and for the most part smaller,its worth a shot.Let us know how you do.That lake is slam full of threadfins just like Wateree.
    Its best reputation comes from the Crappie fishing nowadays and used to be the White Bass run in the Spring,I hear the White Bass is making a comeback down there according to some folks earlier in the year.
    Hopefully the Cattin is picking up some,WE gonna find out next year for sure when we visit there for an event.:wink:

4. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    if there are some 15-20 gettin caught out of there then im sure in may someone is gonna show us how big they really got in there. iv havent fished the lower part all that much other than for bass in the spring so itll be like a new lake down there i have stayed up river in the rocks for the most part catchin 1lb-3lbs fish every few minutes you cant beat goin up there if your just lookin for a bunch of fish

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  5. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    i've always wanted to give that lake a try for something other than crappie :big_smile: i may have to head that way some this fall and winter might be fun:smile2:

6. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I'll let you know soon:smile2: Never fished it and always wanted to.

7. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    im headed down on friday to see what i can find. hopefully i will be suprised :roll_eyes: i know if i can find anything good down there one of the guys from CCC will really pull a monster out

8. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    headed out there in the mornin hope to be fishin by sunrise.
    ill tell you what i find im going to drift tomorrow since i dont know the lake good enough to feel like i need to anchor out on a certain place

ill try to take pics
    ill keep ya updated

9. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    the c hole tues and weds caught some decent fish a few blues over 10lbs and a bunch of 1 to 5 lbers and some nice 3/4 to 1 1/4 lbs crappie and a few less gars there now

10. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    caught about ten fishing anywhere from 15-25 feet
    the two biggest were around six pounds so nothing big
    they would only hit fresh gizzard shad though. im sure there are some big ones swimin around we just didnt find them.

11. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    heading back to fishing creek in the morning gonna try to get there a little before sunrise since i have to leave by about eleven. it will be me my friend kevin and also my dad this time so hopefully he will have a few tricks up his sleeve that i didnt know about. ill take some pics and maybe even some video tomorrow.

12. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    ok didnt make it to fishing creek cuz when we pulled up there where at least 100+ bass boats at the landing they filled up both lots so i decided not to mess with it i just kept on goin and put in at colonels creek on wateree. i would say we caught around twenty kevin caught the biggest at 5-6 pounds the rest where 2-4 pounds so nothing worth takin pictures or video it was a fun day but really windy and chilly. ill be at santee next weekend so i prob wont be back at fishing creek till next month some time.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  13. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Thanks for the report Steven

14. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Must be nice to have the money to travel all over the country to fish:big_smile:
    Nice mess of fish. Good luck on the Santee, great place to fish

15. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    thanks and my dad actually decided to fund this trip so i left it up to him as to whether we went to wateree or not and he said go so we went. didnt keep any but if was fun